Yes, You Can Rattle Can Your Truck.........................

:D Well, it's almost done. Paint needs to be color sanded and polished.

I should have the grille back from the chrome shop next week. 

Paint looks good from 10 feet. It came out just like I wanted it. The body isn't perfect just like the paint.

Next is replacing the wood in the bed, making rear bumper brackets, reinstalling interior parts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

post-2585-0-17395700-1373565183_thumb.jpg

post-2585-0-29914000-1373565212_thumb.jpg

post-2585-0-11856100-1373565237_thumb.jpg

post-2585-0-89962800-1373565263_thumb.jpg

post-2585-0-57447000-1373565294_thumb.jpg

post-2585-0-80410800-1373565330_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Oh, say it ain't so... somebody else admitting their B series is in fact a truck instead of a showpiece... oh, the horror, oh, the humanity... Thank God...

Looks great!

I "foo foo canned" my 69 long bed back in early 2005, it's just about due for a touch up. 6 or 8 cans of Rustoleum Dark Hunter Green, which happens to make a pretty good British Racing Green substitute. Painting a 1963 motorcycle to match it, green and white (but the bike has gold metalflake vinyl kneepads, may paint up a matching helmet, trying to get on with the county mounties).

There is a door skin warehouse west of I-5 right on the riverbank, you should try and get some of the packing material... luan, mahogany, teak... cheap.

Looks great Kev! Now its time to fine tune it for a trip down south......say around the first week of April.  :)

48D

Did the green one about 8 yrs ago. Rustoleum deep hunter green.  With an occasional wax it still has a good shine.  Someday it'll get a real paint job, but until then.  It looks better than the gun job the previous owner did on the red one......post-69-0-33165100-1373629984_thumb.jpg

Looks great Kev! Now its time to fine tune it for a trip down south......say around the first week of April.  :)

48D

Thanks. It came out just like I planned. Looks like a 10 year old paint job.

The best part was, I could paint body panels as I had the money.

The BBQ is already marked on the calendar.

Keven: Three cases: 24 x 3 x 5 = $360.00 Very good. Some rattle cans have good sprayers, some . . . I couldn't affford even that much so original patina it stays.

See you in April.

Looks like you had a full trim 68-70 Adventurer to tow it around with...

Good eye! A '71 actually. Dad bought it new, then gave it to me in the late '80's.

3/4 ton, crew cab, short bed, 383, auto, a/c, p/s, p/b.

Wish I would have kept it!!!

• 4 weeks later...