Mopar Flathead Pictures

pflaming
Go to solution Solved by greg g,

Bill...odd are they are..if you have your digital camera format set up for a high resolution picture the pixel count will bust the format supported on the forum.  I use my digital cameral primary for use on the internet and thus default my camera to use fewer pixels.  Hosting online can often give you the correct size (automatic function of the host software) for posting on forums and bulletins.  Only other way which is a few steps involved is to resize your picture in MS Paint (part of the Windows OS found in accessories) and save the picture using "save as" so not to alter your original and renaming the  file as in "seats 2" denoting second copy..or what ever best suits your methods of separation and recall..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

• Solution

There are also free online utilities that alloy you to transfer a photo from your computer to their page and re size it.  The re sized picture will also usually have a direct transfer url, which will alloy your to copy and paste it directly to the image utility of this and or other forums.  Just google re size photo or make my pic smaller or something like that and several choices will be yours to fiddle with.  Bookmark the one you like and keep it handy for when you feel like posting.  They usually give you a choice that includes formats friendly to email and forums with out having to know pixle count, what 360 x 720 or whatever actually means.

Edited by greg g

My engine rebuilt and setting in the frame.

post-4701-0-93104600-1371769600_thumb.jpgpost-4701-0-02379500-1371769260_thumb.jpgpost-4701-0-41694200-1371769370_thumb.jpgpost-4701-0-28027700-1371769448_thumb.jpgpost-4701-0-93104600-1371769600_thumb.jpg

Here is my 0.030 over 57 model 230 with Edgy Head, Offenhauser Intake, Carter Webber carbs, Fenton repop headers, Mini HEI dist as I was installing it in my avatar.

100_3353-S.jpg

100_3349-S.jpg

100_3351-S.jpg

100_3350-S.jpg

Thought you were selling that? I'm glad you kept it.

Anything other than silver, and preferably with a lot of finned accessories is my preference. Mine right now is old Ford Dark Engine Blue (1948 218) with black accessories. The later model 230 is going Chrysler Industrial Red with Chrysler Matte Black and finned aluminum dress up parts.

The stock look is fine (and correct) for a resto, any real mods and the stock color scheme is kind of a let down. Seems to detract from the care and attention to detail given to the rest of the vehicle.

As long as I'm not seeing a small block Chevy in the engine bay, I'm happy with whatever scheme was used on the engine.

When I saw hkestes engine and misread this name as Blueskies I wrote that he did sell his car.  I had never read anything about hkestes saying he would ever sell his car as it is his daily driver to work and such.  Pete's old car is in the Dallas area, so both cars are in that area.

When I saw hkestes engine and misread this name as Blueskies I wrote that he did sell his car.  I had never read anything about hkestes saying he would ever sell his car as it is his daily driver to work and such.  Pete's old car is in the Dallas area, so both cars are in that area.

Same mistake I made

• 1 month later...

My thanks to those who posted their pictures. I was looking for an idea this morning and these pictures answered that and another question I had.

If you are new to the forum, I highly recommend studying the engines shown in this thread.

To the administrator(s): Is there a way to have a "pop up" list of threads that would be helpful to new members? 

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

A couple pictures of my 1948 Chrysler straight eight 323ci. engine ready to be installed this week end....

post-302-0-90470400-1408577411_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-40343000-1408577738_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 2