Cant get pics to post

Guest DerekOlson

Guest DerekOlson

I am having a B of a time trying to get some pics to post. first too big now too many bites. how do I get the bites down with out making it any smaller. its at 161 and can only be 19.5

Derek, where are you storing your photos, and what setting are you using on your camera??? If you have a high mega pixel cam and you are using a high resolution setting, this could be part of the problem. I am using an old Panasonic cam with only 1.3 mega pixels (yes it is that old) and I haveit set on its lowest resolution. I can get about 90 pics on one card so no mater what size, my pics seem to post OK. So maybe resetting your cam will help with future pics. For pics you have stored on your computer, I believe you can upload them to a host and resize them there. Try something like Image Shack, or photobucket and try resizing and posting them from there.

I was using Image Shack, http://imageshack.us/ for posting individual pics, as you don't need to register or start an account to post pics. Photobucket provides the same kind of services but you need to register and set up an account. Either one will give you an uploadable image. then you can save your resized pic back to your computer if you prefer to hold them there rather than on someone else's server.

There is another option if you are already on an image server. Just post the link to the page you want to show. Or just post the link to the photo in the text of your message,like this;

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/2614/yeaflathead2vi8.png