3 Truck Day

Went to our Peggy Sue car/truck show this morning before the weather got too hot.  Found three nice Dodge trucks:

The eye stopper was this 1950 Dodge Stake Dually.  Totally restored by a local body shop.  The delight was to find a 5.7L Hemi crammed in without cutting the firewall.  A nice restoration that got a lot of attention.  It was at the entrance and got a lot of attention:

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3271.jpgIMG_3273.jpg

Beautiful!

Wrong doors for a 50.....right wiper location for the cab.....which shop? Anyone we know?

48D

In my defense Don, I saw a pretty truck and didn't let the last picture load before I opened my mouth. lol

Uncut firewalls IMO, usally means a motor that's to far foward for good balance and effects drivability. But not always. The culpruit is usally the modern tranny,  I put a Diplotmat front end in Bryans truck for a 5.7 along with a T-Bird IRS.......I bet he'd liike to go visit this beauty in Santa Rosa. :)

48D

Nice truck but I don't think "restoration" is the correct word for the work done on it.

For me...."restoration" will only mean, "wasn't runnin', now its runnin' "....otherwise the debate of proper definition gets tiresome . 

".... to restore it to its original condition."......that would mean most vehicles would have to be taken back to a pile of Iron Ore to be consisderd restored to its original condition. lol. 

48D   

restoration is a word just used to loosely these days..if that is restored by any sense of the word then I am writing this from a satellite outpost on Saturn..

PS...NICE CUSTOM

Its a restoration,......and you need to get back to Earth soon, the lack of oxygen there is effecting your thinkin'. lol

48D