Acorns And Squirrel Poop In North Carolina

larryconnors

Today I took out my back seat bottom to leave it with the uphosterer. Judging from all of the squirrel poop and acorns and critter nests I found under there, there can't be any left in North Carolina where my car came from. I did find a 1957 quarter that probably fell under the seat when it was shiny and new. Now it is neither. I'm going to have to get in there with a shovel tomorrow. What have you folks found to be good for painting your inside floors? I'm thinking of Rustoleum gloss black enamel with a brush but I'm interested in suggestions if there is something better. How do you get the rear seat back out? Do I have to unbolt the clips at the bottom or can it just be pulled out?

When dealing with old rodent poop, a very good properly sealing respirator is recommended and using a shop vac is not recommended,  Might even be a good idea to moisten it down with a mist sprayer (kinda like they do with asbestos) as stirring it up as a  dust has the potential to release some nasty viruses.

• Like 4

Squirrel Poop?.............wow..........don't have squirrels over here.......if you like I can trade some nice Kangaroo Crap..........lol........ain't old cars fun?......lol..........andyd

Ricky, nah, was just trying to keep my end of the conversation going..........lol.........but I do have to dodge the overfed hoppers when I take the dodge out for a run to work or around the block as they like the roadside grass.......and we do get them in backyards around here which is amazing considering that the yards they get into are all surrounded by houses, they just hop down the driveways, over fences and ignore any dogs barking at them........still these are Eastern Greys and males can get up to 6ft..........andyd   

Tremcald (Rustoleum) has always worked for me. Be sure to wirebrush everything to get all loose paint and rust free, and then give it a couple of good coats. As Ed  said, unbolt the two lower clips and push the back part of the rear seat up and voila!

Whatever color of Rustoleum is on clearance, you are going to have carpet or floor mats eventually anyway, right? Who cares what the paint color under them is... get it cheap, prep the metal right and lay it on there thick. Use old junk bolts in the seat hole threads so you don't have to chase them with a tap after you finish the paint work.