A "beautifully restored" 49 Plym coupe, except....

BobT-47P15

.....for the engine. Just amazes me constantly.....people go to all the trouble and expense to make the car look nice, presumably it drives ok. Then they toot their horn about a restored car. Yes, we want top dollar, but you will have to do some more work even at that. Starting bid on this one is $5000.

Ah well, just one of my pet peeves.

250092465-18.jpg

The rest of the car----

250092465-1.jpg

OR......they are calling this one a "woody". The wood is on the inside.

4a1e_1.JPG

At least the engine is spiffed up.....only one carb, though.

412e_1.JPG

Exterior of the car........

34d5_1.JPG

I just love looking at these cars on ebay.:D

Or don't touch this car unless you are nude! I need to have one made that says "sure it's alright to sit in the car"

Good idea James;

I would take it one step further. "OK to sit in the car nude" as long as you have my prior approval and I do have rules:D

Well, they only have the original carb linkage. Maybe they don't have dual linkage but wanted to use the head and manifold because of the "cool" factor.

I have tried running my engine with the dual mainfold and only one carb. Does not work well at all.

If you want something approaching a restored car, this is a bit closer.

bfec_1.JPG

Nice paint, interior is new and done with some amount of taste.

e94e_1.JPG

And the engine, well..............oops...... Link to ad: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Plymouth-46-Coupe-1946-Plymouth-Business-Coupe-Special-Deluxe-Sharp_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6387QQihZ007QQitemZ170114099855QQrdZ1

de20_1.JPG

Well, the starting bid on the P15 is $4,000. However, it has a reserve. I would think the reserve is at least $10,000 to $12,000 on it, if you want to own it.

As for the orange coupe. If the body work is done and painted that's a big start and some expense out of the way. Coupes like that are not only hot to the purist, but also to the custom/street rod gang. So........if that car was completely done, it to would probably be somewhere of at least $10,000 to $12000. You just can't buy a decent coupe of any kind today for less than that, I don't care what the books tell you. So, if the body work is all done, $5,000 isn't too bad for that orange coupe either.

I'm not just talking ebay prices, but also prices in magazines and swap meet prices. Check those ads out.

Not connected with either car, just pointing to the facts.

Guest 50Plymouth

I must admit the blue 46 coupe piqued my interest to check the listing, but not if the reserve is up at who knows what (I hate reserves sometimes). I'm at a discouraging point with my own projects where I am sortof almost tempted to find a really decent (probably not out there quite like my imagination) deal and start with something solid and streetworthy.

As for the orange biz, that interior.. I don't know, definitely not my style.

If you want something approaching a restored car, this is a bit closer.

bfec_1.JPG

Nice paint, interior is new and done with some amount of taste.

e94e_1.JPG

And the engine, well..............oops...... Link to ad: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Plymouth-46-Coupe-1946-Plymouth-Business-Coupe-Special-Deluxe-Sharp_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6387QQihZ007QQitemZ170114099855QQrdZ1

de20_1.JPG

This one sure looks familiar...does it belong to a forum member?

Sure is nice.:)