Classic Exhaust

52dodge

I see this guy advertizing exhaust systems on ebay pretty cheap,he has a complete aluminized exhaust for my car for $198,anybody heard gd or bad or used them?

they said it would come to $233 shipped, they also offer a non aluminized system for $40 cheaper,is the aluminized metal that much better? I dont drive in salt/snow or rain ,rather spend the extra money and not have it rot off in two years

they said it would come to $233 shipped, they also offer a non aluminized system for $40 cheaper,is the aluminized metal that much better? I dont drive in salt/snow or rain ,rather spend the extra money and not have it rot off in two years

I don't think exhausts rust out so much from salt or rain. I think the short trips kill them quicker than anything. The exhaust doesn't get hot enough to evaporate the condensation out from the inside. Thus the collection of condensation keeps collecting and eats the pipe from the inside out. Just my opinion.

Darren

• Like 1

Small local shop bent a pipe from the muffler back for me using the rusty hulk as an example without the car being there. Bought my own muffler from Pep Boys. Pipe from manifold was reusable.

You might try checking with one or two local muffler shops. 

If you want a stock, oval, type muffler..........or a round one........they can probably get it.

Or they may have access to cherry bomb type if desired.  They should be able to give

you an estimate.

a generic Walker brand pancake muffler is a very nice quiet design that will make the car sound almost inaudible at idle.  They are readily available across the counter at most parts places in the 25-30 dollar range.  Can be bought by inlet/outlet size and location of said pipes and if centered or offset...if you want quiet at idle and a tad of tone at acceleration, the turbo pancake is another choice

used to be in the past muffler shops had a design card on the vehicles...the bending of the pipe was done by length and degree of bend etc by specs..a good muffler shop could do the job just as quick and easy by eye..seems some shops though do their work like some wrecking yards..minimum pricing being a standard charge for a basic job.  A shop will usually give you an estimate if you ask.