Steering Wheels Interchangeable? 1940 Desoto And 1940 Dodge

40desoto

Do they both have the same number of splines?

Do you have the wheel you wish to use?   If so, can you visually compare it to your current wheel.....maybe

measure the hole.  I would initially say it should work, as there is a P15 Plymouth somewhere around town here

that has a Dodge D24 steering wheel on it. 

Do you want to use the Dodge horn ring on the DeSoto, or swap those.

If a swap is wanted, would need to check if the attaching holes are similar

and the interior activating parts are same.

Edited by BobT-47P15

Bob..I would venture to guess the P15 that has the D24 steering wheel has a few more parts of the D24 on it..my D24 and other Dodges wheels I had here were of a larger diameter shaft..the dodge Desoto and Chrysler all of the larger shared platform cars share a lot of common parts also

That could be the case, Tim.  All I know is what I saw when looking inside the car.  No idea what was done to make

it work. 

A Canadian Dodge wheel should be same as a P15 since they are really a Plymouth in disguise.  I bought

one sometime back and everything including center and horn ring are made same as Plymouth.  Have been

saving the wheel as it is really nice.   

I don't remember the name of the company but have you thought of having the steering wheel repaired? Surely someone can come up with the name or names of a company that does that kind of work. Try calling some of the companies that do the high dollar restorations. Post a pic of it and if mine is in better shape I may send it to you.

I noticed that the two top bars on the desoto steering wheel are more horizontal than the Dodeg Ive seen on Ebay.  (hope this makes sense)

Here is a picture of how mine looks like

usmc1972.. Ive you have one thats in better shape then mine I will gladly take if off your hands.  Just let me know how much your are looking to get for it.

post-4811-0-79742100-1366654005_thumb.jpg