Help Please - Door Weather Stripping Install

I know it is here, but my search skills suck on this forum.

Can someone post a picture of how to install the door weather stripping the correct way on the door?  Please?  I know I saw that picture on here before.

Need to seal up the cab a little before my drive over Pacheco Pass and to the BBQ.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Hollister, CA

Go to your local lumber yard and get a roll of thick weather stripping. That will do the job for a trip or two. I put on my new seals from Steel Rubber. Nice pliable rubber. The noise has lessened significantly

• 1 year later...

Gentlemen,

I'm having the same problem, I purchased a 6 piece door set but the pieces just don't make any sense.... They don't make it around the cab or the door, any help would be greatly appreciated. The link above did not work to see the pictures.

Thanks,

Bill

there are two strips, for some reason the link I posted above doesn't work.  There are two strips, one on the door, one on the cab and they "overlap"...

hopefully this helps:

http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/ggdad1951/media/20130516_153226_zps3e8f2119.mp4.html

Thank you for the video clip this does help, please see my PDF attachment this is what the manufacture of the seal sent me. By the looks of it, you have the opposite of what they show, meaning the seal you put on the door, they have on the cab and vise a versa... They also show that there is a seal that runs at the very bottom of the door but that can't be right because the very bottom of the door does not come in contact with the cab. Maybe they have it wrong????

Thanks,

Bill

DOORSEALDIAGRAM 1.pdf

Wow - not intuitively obvious. That's going to help me down the road. Thanks ggdad.

FYI

I reported the link error to the service. It's on their end.

there are two strips, for some reason the link I posted above doesn't work.

Thank you for the video clip this does help, please see my PDF attachment this is what the manufacture of the seal sent me. By the looks of it, you have the opposite of what they show, meaning the seal you put on the door, they have on the cab and vise a versa... They also show that there is a seal that runs at the very bottom of the door but that can't be right because the very bottom of the door does not come in contact with the cab. Maybe they have it wrong????

Thanks,

Bill

Mine is correct, I still have one of my original doors with the stripping on it.  As well as several pictures of the cab showing it like I have prior to me starting y tear down.  Also, mine is the way I've seen EVERY cab I've looked at that still had the stripping on it while picking.

The lollipop style one is also on my video at the end.  It does actually close in a gap when the door closes.

Edited by ggdad1951

Link doesn't work because it has the old site address (mopar.pairserver...) 

Updated address is http://p15-d24.com/topic/12936-door-weatherstrip/page-2?hl=+door

• Like 1