Turn Signal Dash Indicator

victoredaye

victoredaye,

Looking at the cars you listed I can be fairly safe saying you don't have a turn signal indicator on the dash.  Turn signals were an aftermarket item for P-15s, and the only light you have is up by the windshield wiper knob, and that is the high beam indicator.  This is not to say that lights of one function or another weren't installed at a later date, but you're on your own with those.

-Randy

Can anyone tell me if the Dodge & Plymouth dash turn signal indicators sit at the same angle (ie: are interchangable)? I know they have a different position on the dash so im gussing that there may be a difference but thought someone on here might know the answer,

Chris

They sit at a different angle. Someone posted in the past about making a modification to make one fit. I don't remember which way that swap was.

D-24 pics

EDIT:  while I was searching for the pic Jim posted the modification :)

post-80-0-66321500-1364661717_thumb.jpg

post-80-0-17603000-1364661732_thumb.jpg

Edited by shel_bizzy_48

• 7 years later...

Old thread, but after looking at lots of old threads that mention turn signal indicator lights for the P15, this one was actually the latest one.

Anyway, the post or comment I recall having read at one time in the dusty past, that one I didn't find.  It seems to me that I remember someone showing how they added turn signal indicator lights into their speedometer.  Does anyone remember where that post/comment was?  (Or how it was done.)

I have my speedometer torn down right now, so if I want to do this modification, this would be the time, before I repaint the backing plate of the speedo box.  (The part that is behind the lens, and is flat black.  At least mine appears to be flat black now, or was it originally gloss or satin black?  Anyone know?)

• 2 weeks later...

While this is not what you asked this is how I did turn signal indicators on my 48 Plymouth. Youtube Video linked below. 

I do not remember exactly what the pull cables were choke and something else that I was not using with the carb setup I was running. So I removed the cables, bought a couple of small LED bulbs at Radio Shack that were almost a perfect fit into the cable housing just needed a small bit of sanding. And viola turn signal indicators. 

Turn Signal Indicators

• 10 months later...

surely there are a lot more things in the kit than you have showing....rear socket dual element pigtails, the indicators for the dash and their associated directional overs...any way you could picture this.....side view of the dash mounted indicator....detailed instructions that were with the kit...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

even if we got a crowd change here, the stuff required to install the T/S per your posted drawing are a few items shy of needed pieces unless you forgot to photograph them.....you may have purchased a open kit that lost an item or two in handling....for instance and key to install is the other lamp holders that go in the holes left and right of the indicator with the arrows....and then there is the question of the light socket pigtails that will be needed to change from parking light to that of parking and turn signal and we do not even know if you will be using the brake light circuit through the flasher for a full modern operation or if you will still be the single high mount brake light ......