Dual Carb Linkage Kit?

chop

I used the kit that came with my Offenhauser intake.  It was pretty flimsy so I had to customize it a bit. 

George Asche is a good resource, also search the forum, I remember finding a lot of info on this subject a

while back. 

Gents,

I've never used George Asche's products but from the accolades he receives here I would feel quite safe doing so.  If you're wanting to fab your own an often over-looked source of parts is a hobby shop that specializes in radio control stuff.  Some model aircraft are being made so large that the ball joints, bearings, etc, have become industrial strength.

-Randy

Check out - piecemanifolds.com  # 99006.104   Kit for dual carbs $67.00 ;)

Best to ya,

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Farbicated my own with parts from four corners of the earth. It was a fun project.

Mark I like your set up.  What did you use for the center rod that connects to the accelerator linkage?  Looks like some type of an arm off an carburetor. 

Steve that's exactly what it is. I did have to use a 5/16 drillbit to round out the hole, But it works pretty good. The center rod I manufactured from some Home Depot steel rod That I cut to length And threaded And I transferred all the original hardware from the factory pull rod. There's a photograph comparing the one I made with the oringal on my upgrade thread...

http://mopar.pairserver.com/p15d24ph_forum/index.php?/topic/31047-my-offy-intake-reds-headers-transplant/page-4

Steve that's exactly what it is. I did have to use a 5/16 drillbit to round out the hole, But it works pretty good.

Mark I like your set up. What did you use for the center rod that connects to the accelerator linkage? Looks like some type of an arm off an carburetor.

Edited by Mark D

Thanks for the info.  Problem I'm having is getting the carbs synched.  With the Offenhauser linkage I modified it a bit to make sure both throttle plates move when I hit the gas.  It isn't the best set up anyway, and now when I adjust one carb it makes the other one move and throws off my adjustments.  Tried doing it seperately with the linkage disconnected and that worked well, but once hooked back up it does it again.  Going to try to hook it up the way you have it with individual throws for each carb rather than having both throttle plates connected together, and having the accelerator hooked up to the back carb, which is supposed to move both. 

I'm leaving Friday morning early for Jackson, TN, so hoping to get it figured out by then.  I ordered the kit from Pierce and awaiting patiently for it to arrive.  ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I received the linkage kit from Pierce on Wednesday of last week.  Worked on it on Thursday and got it installed.

Left Friday morning and made it down to Jackson.  I was able to get the carbs synched and it ran great.  I really like this

set up a lot more.  Much better throttle response.

Here's some pics. 

IMG_20130418_084335_zpsdf549f51.jpg

IMG_20130418_084343_zps640b7f9c.jpg

IMG_20130420_155034_zps82e77bd0.jpg

• Like 2

Here's an old photo of the linkage I built for my dual carb setup with Carter-Webers.  Admittedly a little over the top, but it had to reverse the direction from a pull to a push setup.

Marty

DSCN0036.JPG

Edited by martybose
  • Like 2