Replacement Front Seat With Builtin Belts

4camore

Hi,

I have a 48 Plymouth convertible that we are rebuilding.  My wife wants shoulder belts in the new car, but it is a convertible so there is no way to attach to the shoulder portion because it is a convertible.  Does anyone know of a newer vehicle bench seat with the the shoulder belts built in?

Thanks in advance.

My Dads 2000 GMC 1/2ton has the shoulder belts in the seat. Its buckets with a fold up center console/armrest that allows 3 people to sit across.

I have a convertible 'in waiting' so I have asked myself the same question. But I will use the original frames and I don't think they would be strong enough to hold a person in an accident. Maybe one could add roll bars, then the post. . . .

Guest bewillie

Chrysler sebring conv has some nice electric seats with built in belts. I don't know ,but the two dr modles may have them to. Have used them in the last car I built and they worked great.

you always want to ensure solid floor pan and also re-enforce the mount by making a plate to sandwich the floor pan between the seat base and the backing plate..even when installing seatbelts..be it a floor mount (not to frame please) retractor mount on the lower inside B-post/inner quarter or even the shoulder anchor at the upper portion of the B-post and or sail panel/package tray if installing for rear seat to have shoulder harness..