Sound comparison would be hard to do.  FEF is running on 6V and TODD will be on 12V.  If those are 6V horns, I suspect TODD wins.

those are train horns that run on at least 170psi and will be 180dB or more...TODD will win...

those are train horns that run on at least 170psi and will be 180dB or more...TODD will win...

Oh dude......please tell me you are joking? :confused:  This is an Incredibly bad idea. I worked with a fellow named George that had train horns like this in his Toyota truck. His brother was the steam locomotive engineer at Knotts' Berry Farm. These things just cause instant terror.

How you going to feel when you lay on these and cause a bad accident ? No one and I mean no one is prepared for the sort of sound these things put out.

Jeff

Wow.  I can't wait to see more of this.  You're just giving me ideas!  Makes me want to consider making a Pilot House Express "Long Hauler" that Dodge was planning on putting out.  I need to finish one truck first. LOL  Looking good!  Maybe i missed it but are you going to be using the back side of the 5 window cab or just keeping it the extended rear window?

not for use on the road, the road horns are semi horns.  This is more for rando hijinks at shows or whatnot...

Well I am glad to hear that. I suggest you use it very sparingly. I am pretty certain it is highly illegal for use on all roads. It should be considered a weapon......they are that loud.

George was a mechanical engineer I worked with for years. He was a real piece of work. A particularly nasty version of Sheldon Cooper. Easily the most universally despised person I ever met. He used his horn way too often. And lets just say we all made sure he got paid back tenfold. God only knows how many accidents he caused. He would have never fessed up. Trust me you don't want to be anything like him.

Jeff

Well I am glad to hear that. I suggest you use it very sparingly. I am pretty certain it is highly illegal for use on all roads. It should be considered a weapon......they are that loud.

George was a mechanical engineer I worked with for years. He was a real piece of work. A particularly nasty version of Sheldon Cooper. Easily the most universally despised person I ever met. He used his horn way too often. And lets just say we all made sure he got paid back tenfold. God only knows how many accidents he caused. He would have never fessed up. Trust me you don't want to be anything like him.

Jeff

yah, that is NOT what you want on the police report!

Wow.  I can't wait to see more of this.  You're just giving me ideas!  Makes me want to consider making a Pilot House Express "Long Hauler" that Dodge was planning on putting out.  I need to finish one truck first. LOL  Looking good!  Maybe i missed it but are you going to be using the back side of the 5 window cab or just keeping it the extended rear window?

extended window

My neighbor who is 4- 40's away used to own an old local manufacturing company.  They used to have air horns to signal start of work and breaks, he took the air horns from the factory when he sold and has it tied to 4 large compressors in his little machine shop.  He likes to drink heavily and usually blows the horns at 9:00 am for a short 15 seconds.  Then depending how much he has drank he blows that baby on the hour until the air runs out (never makes it past 3:00PM).   I think its cool because I can just hear it but his close neighbors have done everything to stop him.  

Mark,

Awesome find, I do agree with Jeff they can be a danger but scaring the heck out some people at the right time sure is fun.  A good friend of ours was a city mail carrier,  a few years back she was bending over putting mail into one of those green storage mail boxes. I blow my 4 semi air horns as I approached her and the hand full of mail went flying, she has since retired but every time I see her we laugh about it.   

I was in the Waupan Lighted Truck Parade once and the guy in front of me had a train whistle he would blow and then followed with the DING, DING, DING sound with his lights all flashing to the dings. People loved him, myself included.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

with the pending move to the new place, I needed to store the TODD cab someplace, so I loaded it up and took it to a buddies where it can sit indoors and also get a primer wash applied to it to keep the rust down.

needless to say top speed was 50mph, yet I had people literally 2 feet off the trailer at times....people are stupid.  My favorite was the Prius that HAD to tailgate, HAD to bump around me, HAD to then drive the SAME speed I was, and then HAD to turn after about 300 ft w/o a signal light...some people...

2015-08-05 17.32.48_zps2xhlfala.jpg