English wheel is tough enough, going for the French wheel, wow! The English just call it a wheeling machine. How are you planning to do the rear window now that the rear section will be wider than stock?

I would think the cabs would be happy being needed again, becoming useful.

Scary ?  Looked like fun to me.   Scarier is doing that to someone else's  cabs when you've never cut one up, ever.   The first classic I took a cut off wheel to that belonged to someone else was a '66 Thunderbird.

English wheel is tough enough, going for the French wheel, wow! The English just call it a wheeling machine. How are you planning to do the rear window now that the rear section will be wider than stock?

Yah english....long day.

Wider rear window means custom seal needs to be found or made

You could section in a complete window frame and patch in the extra width equally on the ends of the window.

actually making the rear window wider is in my best interest to reduce blind spots.

Tsk...tsk....tsk. only a problem when you start screwing around changing things. :huh: You realize you'll have to stop calling it a Pilothouse when it ain't anymore.

it won't be a true "Pilot House" regardless!  Maybe "Based" on a PH!  :P

• Like 1

actually making the rear window wider is in my best interest to reduce blind spots.

just a thought, have you considered putting in a sliding center window?

I'm assuming you're using the back half of the yellow cab and cutting the center section from the rear of the green cab for filler, the rear half of the green cab is pretty much scrap. If that's so, you might consider salvaging the rear cab corners off it if they're any good. Someone might be interested in them. Bigger rear window is a good idea and will help keep proportions right.

Tsk...tsk....tsk. only a problem when you start screwing around changing things. :huh: You realize you'll have to stop calling it a Pilothouse when it ain't anymore.

Maybe a "Pilot-Mansion" ?? :lol:

48D

• 3 weeks later...