I would try to get some measurements off of a 1.5 ton dog house and see how it would fit. Im sure someone would be able to supply you with some dimensions if you cant locate a truck to measure. If its still too wide then maybe you need a combination of different rims and the larger cab. Also you could always fabricate your own larger flares for the 1.5 ton cab, i think as long as they dont need to be really huge it shouldnt make the truck look goofy. Just my 2 cents.

-Chris

Whomever is stretching your cab could also widen it.  Massive project  as far as fabrication goes but would keep everything in proportion.

Whomever is stretching your cab could also widen it.  Massive project  as far as fabrication goes but would keep everything in proportion.

that'd be this kid doing the fab work, I'd never thought of widening the cab as well....that WOULD be massive

Yep agreed - but you could get 4 people across the front seat !!!

they'd need to be small people,  me , my son and his 6yr old son are all that fit in his full size 07 Ram

here is a quick sketch of my vision of TODD.  Stake side flat bed (maybe a 6' bed) where I can take the head board and put it on the back of the bed to lengthen it to maybe 8' or so.  Use 48-50 doors to bring the line back a bit on the doors as well.

20130521_074525_zpsb95b1f85.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

ok, quite the excitment this last week.  I FINALLY got the truck from California. 

the truck as it leaves California.  The hauler used the Audi to pull it on!

ResizedImage951373135017126_zpsd4568aa4.jpg

As it sits in Minnesota

20130710_194853_zpsfd082679.jpg

ok, here's where it got interesting....see the big distance it had to come off the hauler?  No winch!  No rope!  No BRAKES!  So I hopped in the cab and rolled it off backwards......too bad my buddy was busy talking to his neighbor so there is no video....

20130710_194552_zps9ba0194e.jpg

my "brakes" an oak tree....

20130710_194910_zpse4163b0a.jpg

I was grinning like a school kid on his first day of summer vacation....I wanted to do it again!

• Like 1

some quick shots of the truck...the skeeters were coming out fierce and I needed a beer and food!  last two are a little blurry....totally getting eaten by the blood suckers at that point!  All in all a REAL solid truck.  It will be a good base.

20130710_194933_zps10d0d2c8.jpg

20130710_194922_zps6ab14e7e.jpg

20130710_194903_zps2bfc098d.jpg

and an ashtray...to boot !

Seems like a great project Mark. I have no doubt because it's you, that it'll turn out excellently!

Hank  :)

yep, I've got 2 completly restored as well for sale! 

Yah, I'm REALLY bummed my buddy was spacing things so badly....that would have been a GREAT video on youtube!

yep, I've got 2 completly restored as well for sale! 

Glad I don't smoke anymore,  and the correct speaker mounting of my 610-T radio uses that space.

It should be illegal for anyone to own more than one ashtray.  Please someone buy them off Mark.

Hank :lol:  

• 5 weeks later...

well got the second cab today....quite the adventure...well waiting (coupla hours longer than originally planned) for the drop off from the guy from CA on his way back to CA from OH.  He had gill bars, fenders, running boards, grills, about everything and I encouraged him to stop back here, seems he lost contact with the site when we changed over a while back.  Meanwhile, here are pictures of TODD's rear chunk of cab.  Only real issue will be the lower rear of the cab by the floor, but that is easily fixed, the B pillars and roof are pristine!

20130813_172018_zpsaf135f0c.jpg

20130813_172038_zps3a3a1049.jpg

20130813_172114_zpse844d041.jpg

Looks like a pretty solid cab Mark. Must be 48/49 judging by the firewall? Couple of spare knobs... and is that the remains of an ashtray that I spot under the dash? I bet you only bought that cab to feed your ash tray fetish! I look forward to seeing the TODD build progressing.

Went picking today and picked up some good parts:  a 48-50 passenger door, a section of panel truck roof to bridge the cabs, and a very nice door handle.

20130816_185240_zps7e86b91f.jpg

You might want to grab an interior roof brace if the panel had them your next time there.  TODD will have a lot of unsupported roof material without one and it will sound like a drum inside.  It will also give you a place to fasten a headliner later.

You might want to grab an interior roof brace if the panel had them your next time there.  TODD will have a lot of unsupported roof material without one and it will sound like a drum inside.  It will also give you a place to fasten a headliner later.

He should have a brace from each cab to use.