For California And Minnesota Guys Ot

55 Fargo

Hey for Califorinia and all point in the warm south, and for the Northern Guys, Minn, ND, Wis, Montana.

Here is what you Southern Guys get to miss out on, and for us Northern Stock, this what we sometimes put up with.

Mondays high winds, and not all that much snow, caused major drifts in my yeard, driveway, worse than I have ever experienced. It was heavy like stones, and hard as wood, most I broke by hand, before pushing my 40 YO John Deere blower to the outer limits, I think I have worn out this engine a lot.

Here is me today, cleaning off the major snow drifts on north side of my shop, this is a 1966 Acadian(Nova), took me over an housr to get all the heavy snow off the vehicle, to prevent a cave in........Lots of fun, for us Northern types...

Been there done that when we lived in both Northeast corner of NY and Central NY.   I can remember snow backs high enough along the cow barn that we could take our tobbagans up on the roof and slide down, lots of fun, and snow banks almost as high as the telephone and power lines.  In the twenty years we have lived here in the Catskills nothing like that, thankfully

Sometimes the southern USA boys get a taste of winter. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2013/02/20/snow-storm-suspends-match-play-golf-in-arizona/

We have way better weather here in southern Alberta. They could come and golf here!

Snow down in Marana? That is lower than I expected... I know there were expecting 8 to 12 inches at the 5000 foot elevation level today in that area. But Marana is somewhere around 2300 feet.

I am out of the geographic range for the intended audience to this thread but here in Tennessee it does sometimes snow.

For a while I lived where it sometimes snowed. A real bummer if you have to get up early to shovel the driveway and then grind your way down the unplowed neighborhood street before yo get to the plowed main roads to get to work. And then in the evening work away at the wall of ice the plow left blocking your driveway. Much nicer to just visit the snow by driving up into the mountains. Here is one of the places I go to play: https://maps.google.com/help/maps/streetview/contribute/#P2BetqgLqaMAAAAAAAB1cA

enjoy yourself Fred..I had to turn on the AC today while going uptown and back....chickie poos running around in shorts however is the awful tradeoff for such good weather..

Yup, life in the North is rugged, not for the faint at heart, where brutal weather is concerned. Today, I actually got a bit of sunburn on my face, from the suns reflection off the snow.

Glad you were able to get out and about and experience some "Eye Candy", at the same time.....

Grew up in Nebraska. Deep snow, no problem, but drifts are like speed bumps, very hard. I always parked my car in the drive way with the bumper just at the garage door, When the snow was over, I drove my car into the garage and at least part of my drive way was clean. In California now, the fruit trees are starting to bloom, we have large orchards in pink and white. NICE. Got some snow in the mountains so that cools the valley in the mornings, will be around 36 this morning. Nice and crisp.

I was going to say, don't generalize the climate in California.  In the mountains and down to about 2000 ft, they just got tons of snow.  That's why there are so many ski resorts in Sierras. But along the coast, not so much.  Most of the southern California mountain passes were closed 2 days ago with snow. but I'm going walking on the beach today,  san diego.

I was going to say, don't generalize the climate in California.  In the mountains and down to about 2000 ft, they just got tons of snow.  That's why there are so many ski resorts in Sierras. But along the coast, not so much.  Most of the southern California mountain passes were closed 2 days ago with snow. but I'm going walking on the beach today,  san diego.

yes, take it easy, only having fun. I realize the State of Cal, has a myriad of weather conditions. Snow is 1 of them, -40 to -50 windchills, blowing snow on the prairie is not though. Those are some of the things that occur in places like Manitoba and Minnesota...