Has Anyone Ever Seen This Car Color On A P15 Before?

fedoragent

Folks,

Has anyone seen a car with this paint scheme before?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/autohistorian/4722642603/in/photostream/

Of course that is an artists rendering from the Plymouth Sales collateral. But I would very much like to see it in photo.

It is a Gold Poly and I have always liked this color. I already googled and binged and searched here. I am resarching colors for my car as we are going to have it painted before summer. I want to go with a lighter color due to how hot it gets here in SoCal.

Thank you ahead of time.

FG.

post-3382-0-28067200-1361374449_thumb.jpg

Edited by fedoragent

It looks like an artist's rendering of the pea green color of the era. I don't know the official Plymouth name for the color.

I agree and per the p15 reference link thats balfour green.

I'd really like to find someone that has done this.  I think it could look good.  I saw this color on a 60s Mercury once.  The color is on the bottom left hand side of the color chart.  I believe that I am going to go for it. :)  As you can see Balfour green is totally different.

post-3382-0-82883400-1361390708_thumb.jpg

post-3382-0-47485100-1361390716_thumb.jpg

Edited by fedoragent

Another aspect of those renderings of the period, the cars always look just a bit exaggerated in length, and look like they have had a subtle roof chop.  Gives them a more sleek look than the actual vehicle as well as imparting a sense of movement though the car might be standing still.

I still say that's a artist rendering of balfour green. Green poly wasn't even available for 46-48 so why would they have used it in the ads. Here's my ads showing 2 cars in cruiser maroon. Look at how different the drawing is compared to the color chip.

DSC00318.jpg

Edited by Young Ed

I still say that's a artist rendering of balfour green. Green poly wasn't even available for 46-48 so why would they have used it in the ads. Here's my ads showing 2 cars in cruiser maroon. Look at how different the drawing is compared to the color chip.

DSC00318.jpg

BTW, I really really like your decorations. :)  Man after my own heart.  I need to hang some things on the wall.  You just gave me an idea.

FG.

BTW, I really really like your decorations. :)  Man after my own heart.  I need to hang some things on the wall.  You just gave me an idea.

FG.

Thanks I have 6-8 framed ads of either the p15 or WC pickups plus a few dozen unframed ones.

DSC00318.jpg

Love cruiser maroon... B)

My brother had a '48 a jillion years ago and it appeared to be Army OD Green. It was faded flat-no gloss at all. Is that what happens to Balfour Green over time? FG, the color depicted in the ad appears more green than gold and the color you like on the sample pallette appears more gold with little to no green. The color depicted in the ad is very nice and would look good on your car. Auto Paint (and others) could match that easily for you.

Jon-

This is pretty much dead on to that Balfour Green.
http://beta.bringatrailer.com/2010/01/25/bat-exclusive-1947-plymouth-special-deluxe/

That's what I wanted to get my car painted at first, but it didn't quite "send me," so to speak. You already know that I went with a Chrysler green from that year called Seacrest Green.  I think Dodge even had a similar-looking green, as well. Here is a sample of Chrysler and Dodge's green:

Chrysler
http://blog.hemmings.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/09/1947ChryslerNewYorker_01_700.jpg

Dodge
http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Dodge.Business.Coupe_.-1947jpg.jpg