Found some old photos OT

Don Coatney

Never ever buy your wife a toilet seat for Christmas.....

6.jpg

I love this one!! Maybe she thought it was an ideal picture frame. :P It's good to be able to poke fun at yourself.

Isn't it funny how the colours from 1970's pictures are so weird. Below is my coupe in 1976.

48DodgeOld.jpg

Edited by RobertKB

Don, what job haven't you held? Seems like you've be a "jack of all trades"...

Isn't it funny how the colours from 1970's pictures are so weird. Below is my coupe in 1976.

Typical color film fades and the colors don't all fade at the same rate so you get color shifting too. There are, or at least were, some archival types of color processing. If I recall correctly, Cibacrhome is/was supposed to be much better than others. Nowadays with digital images the issue is that you won't be able to read the magnetic tape floppy disks hard sectored disks mass media. And even if you can get the files off the media, you might not be able to find a program to open the files.

Some nice lady made an attempt to turn right into a dead end curb cut with no place to go. She stopped with her butt in the road and there was a car on my left. No room to stop and I next heard the BZZZET. Got out and picked up the pieces of my fender. The cop did not ticket either one of us. I did get it fixed.

I think that was the last accident I had. Happened about 1979.

Edited by Don Coatney
  • Like 1

yes...and it would be good if we could RECALL the seventies and have it done right this time..

Ain't that the truth. Not much I liked about the 70's except meeting my wife and having my kids. Cars, clothes, wallpaper, and most music sucked.

• 3 years later...

Ain't that the truth. Not much I liked about the 70's except meeting my wife and having my kids. Cars, clothes, wallpaper, and most music sucked.

I had a pretty good time in the '70's. My son was born in 1970. I had a custom '74 Dodge van and belonged to a custom van club. We put on a couple of custom van/truck shows at the Pontiac Silverdome. Had Henry Winkler (Fonzie), Linda Carter (Wonder Woman), and Marilynn Lange (Playboy Playmate) as guest stars. Went to a lot of Truck-ins around the Midwest and Virginia with the club. Sometimes we had a line of vans a mile long going down the Interstate.

Z1_zps4f34c368.jpg

Z2_zpsf76a3d0f.jpg

Z82_zpsa7d365e4.jpg

Z81_zps8cbb3fc6.jpg

Z6_zpsac240f33.jpg

Z5_zps1f2e4a15.jpg

Z4_zps0111c594.jpg

• Like 2