Time for paint........YIPPEE!

Saw the first batch of parts today. The front end is done......the bed and rear fenders are next. These guy's did a really nice job......just what I asked for. I want some of the old scars and they have left some of the small ones but fixed the bad stuff. I am really happy with the color selection I made. It is a late model Chrysler single stage cream. I know it is not a stock color but it sure looks like it could have been. Very 50's. Should be pretty cool in the summers here. Will look real sharp with satin black trim. I will post some photo's this weekend. Man am I getting excited.

Jeff

And you have no pictures to share? Boooo! ;)

Saw the first batch of parts today. The front end is done......the bed and rear fenders are next. These guy's did a really nice job......just what I asked for. I want some of the old scars and they have left some of the small ones but fixed the bad stuff. I am really happy with the color selection I made. It is a late model Chrysler single stage cream. I know it is not a stock color but it sure looks like it could have been. Very 50's. Should be pretty cool in the summers here. Will look real sharp with satin black trim. I will post some photo's this weekend. Man am I getting excited.

Jeff

And where are the pictures? Boo! ;)

Jeff

And where are the pictures? Boo! ;)

Mark;

:rolleyes: Sorry.....no smart phone here. Pretty smart though......I am the last guy on earth that isn't "wearing an electronic leash".

Photo's this weekend I promise.

John; I know exactly where you are talking about and it is a particularly dangerous spot at night and when it is raining. I won't be going there until the truck is well sorted out.

A 401 merge onto 101 North at 50 MPH? What were you on? That's just plain insanity. I'm from Fresno and I avoid that intersection like the plague.

JEFF, do we need to send you a camera or are you planning to surprise us at the BBQ.

My truck needs a good tune up and some brake adjustments and then some daily driving and I'll be ready to go. This year's BBQ is one not to miss. We are still working on Don C to bring his band!!!!!!

Edited by pflaming

Ok Guy's......here are some photo's.

I really like the color. Sorry for the photo quality....flash was acting up.

I decided to leave a fair amount of the scars, dents and bruises it has as testimony to a long hard life. These pieces don't show much......but others do and will. I know that this is not going to be to every ones taste........ but the way I see it we all have them.....and there really is no point in hiding it all.

Hope some of you like it.

Jeff

post-4710-0-73497700-1361051380_thumb.jpg

post-4710-0-77618800-1361051404_thumb.jpg

post-4710-0-89819000-1361051527_thumb.jpg

colors show distinctly different in 1 and 3 compared to 2 which would you say is the best example of the color...I am painting my bigbutt a cream color also..I long ago shot the firewall..rest will come in time..my cream color is similar to your picture #2..car was originally sand color and though nice..I did want the light color and a bit more rich if you will..I believe the truck will be most easy on the eye..

post-19-0-02720300-1361054516_thumb.jpg

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

post-755-0-37036700-1361059114_thumb.jpgThe cream color going on my current project I thought  was fairly close to the Chrysler production color.  'What I have is called Vanilla Shake  You can see whre it starts picking up more of the yellow cream tones at the far end.  All in the lighting.

Edited by Dave72dt

post-19-0-64369300-1361154140_thumb.jpgI've got a car here going with the lite gray  similar to the Forn 8N and trust me that is a true gray..Jeff's color is some pictures per my monitor is a light cream to a golden sand in others...my Dodge was sand in color and if you look close in the picture of my car you will see a tinge of that sand yet..,my 41 Town Sedan is the original two tone sand and brown..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

attachicon.gif41 Dodge Town Sedan.jpgI've got a car here going with the lite gray  similar to the Forn 8N and trust me that is a true gray..Jeff's color is some pictures per my monitor is a light cream to a golden sand in others...my Dodge was sand in color and if you look close in the picture of my car you will see a tinge of that sand yet..,my 41 Town Sedan is the original two tone sand and brown..

My monitor is showing  your sedan to have a bit of yellow in the color with the fenders appearing lighter in shade.  rocker is also lighter.  working off a laptop it depends on how the screen is tilted as to how the color looks.

Edited by Dave72dt

attachicon.gif41 Dodge Town Sedan.jpgI've got a car here going with the lite gray  similar to the Forn 8N and trust me that is a true gray..Jeff's color is some pictures per my monitor is a light cream to a golden sand in others...my Dodge was sand in color and if you look close in the picture of my car you will see a tinge of that sand yet..,my 41 Town Sedan is the original two tone sand and brown..

That's right, light grey is very grey. The medium is more of a cream with a bit of olive in it. It's a nice color.

Yes lighting and monitor settings can make a huge difference in how certain colors like this look. The cream I have has definitely got a light brown tone to it.

I am having the entire truck painted this color with the exception of the running boards, bumpers, grill and trim pieces which are a satin black.

The wheels are powder coated off white. I think the contrast between the  sand color and the black looks pretty good.

Paul is correct about this color not highlighting the old scars & dings that much. They do show but not as much as they would with many other colors. So far I am happy with my selection.....we will have to wait a while to see how it is really going to look when it is all assembled.

Hopefully when I am all done it will look like what it really is.....an old work truck. :D

Jeff

To my eye and taste I wouldn't paint the grill black, I would consider either the same as the truck or as the wheels. If you went the color of the truck I would do the center piece to match the wheels. Then for a touch of sophistication some very suble flat black pin stripes, but not much. Anxious to see the final package.

post-34-0-61443100-1361194870_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-75788000-1361194913_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-45792700-1361195181_thumb.jpg

Edited by pflaming

It is of course each mans eye. And a bit of lighting and computer resolution thrown in. :D

A color like this is funny how it picks up tones from surrounding items. On a white background in daylight it looks like sand to me. Definitely a brown tone. On an overcast day like today with some satin black trim on it I can see a bit of khaki or olive in it. Either way I think it is going to work out just fine. It isn't a factory original color but it is going to look as though it could have been.

I am going to try it with the black grill for a while. It is easy enough to change if I find I don't really like it. I am just sort of taking a queue from the black headlight trim and bumpers and running with it a bit. To my eye the same color grill has always looked a bit lost. Again we will see if what I am doing works.

Thanks for to all for your input.

Jeff