hazard lights??? first year for mopar?

mackster

I am gonna install an original style blinker switch on my Desoto as soon as it arrives here...I am looking at the wiring and i dont see a hazrd light switch. i a m wondering if you just pull the arm up or down and that will turn it on or if there no such thing as hazard lights on old mopar...school me please! :)

If the question is regarding 4 way emergency flashers, I kow my fathers 65 Coronet did not have, but my mother's 68 Dart did.  I believe they were mandated in 66 or 67. 

I know for a while in the mid 60's a lot of MOPARs had signal repeaters mounted externally on the front fenders.  These were designed so the lights faced the driver and were not necessarily visible to other drivers.

If the question is regarding 4 way emergency flashers, I kow my fathers 65 Coronet did not have, but my mother's 68 Dart did.  I believe they were mandated in 66 or 67. 

I know for a while in the mid 60's a lot of MOPARs had signal repeaters mounted externally on the front fenders.  These were designed so the lights faced the driver and were not necessarily visible to other drivers.

Sounds about right to me. I know the '63 Plymouth I learned to drive on did not have hazard flashers. And I am uncertain in my memory of the '68 Dodge truck (but trucks might have gotten them after cars). Seems like I first became aware of the existence of hazard flashers in the early '70s. First car I owned that had them was my '82 Plymouth.

I recall the fender mounted indicators aimed back at the driver on my grandfather's '68 Dodge.

Edited by TodFitch

Both of my '67 Plymouth Fury's have factory installed hazard flasher lights.

John R

1967 was the first year they were standard equipment.  Prior to that they were optional.  The earliest I can find them is in the 1960 parts book, as a package available for Chryslers and Imperials.  In 1963 they appeared as a factory option, sales code 703.

• Like 1

1967 was the first year they were standard equipment.  Prior to that they were optional.  The earliest I can find them is in the 1960 parts book, as a package available for Chryslers and Imperials.  In 1963 they appeared as a factory option, sales code 703.

Thank you very much for your info B Watson!