Thanks Merle and do you one yourself?

I see you're from Waukesha...small world because I am from Madison, WI

BOOO BADgers!

Skunks in a popcorn box right Merle?

:D

Hank, did your daughter move? I though she was in Janesville.

Brandon, yes I'm a Badger fan. And you can ignore Mark (ggdad1951). He gets confused. But what else would you expect from a Gopher fan. :D

It's good to see another Wisconsin member here.

Merle

I am originally from Sheboygan, & have relatives all over the state.I moved to Indiana in '98.

• 1 month later...

A Route Van!........how cool is that.....Independent rear suspension.

Gotta share a few pics of the suspension.....never seen one in person....yet!

48D

Hey Guys

Hank, did your daughter move? I though she was in Janesville.

Brandon, yes I'm a Badger fan. And you can ignore Mark (ggdad1951). He gets confused. But what else would you expect from a Gopher fan. :D

It's good to see another Wisconsin member here.

Merle

Hey Merle - I wil be in Madison next weekend...drop me an email and I will send you my number

For the benefit of 48dodger & anyone else interested, here's a picture from a Dodge Factory Brochure showing what the chassis with offset engine & independent rear suspension looks like. And, I uncovered some painted signs today when I started sanding on my 54 DRV. Will try to get 2 pics in here. post-5805-0-15594500-1363143601_thumb.jpg

Oh wow, cool poster! Got the right front fender hammered out today on my "Route Rod". Gotta weld a couple of breaks tomorrow. Rascal was so beat up that the front & rear were completely loose.

post-5805-0-82050000-1363401584_thumb.jpg

post-5805-0-03318700-1363401611_thumb.jpg

Yes, surprising amount of blue paint. No, I'm not going to chop it up. In fact, I'm gonna straighten up the body & then start on the mechanics, engine first. These trucks have such a pleasing look that I plan to keep everything original. I got the passenger side fenders pretty well hammered out & welded & the rear installed and will install the front tomorrow after I weld a couple of small cracks on the edge over the rod I welded into the beed. Ran out of rod yesterday.

• 1 month later...

Is your Route van the 117 wheel base or the shortest one?  I am on the hunt for one my self here in California.  Hope to find one soon.

I am looking forward to more images posted, thanks,  Richard

Richard, My route van is a 102" wheel base. I'll call you today & we can discuss. I've put it away with two other vans for the summer but look forward to getting back on it in the fall. I'm looking forward to chatting later today. Don

post-5805-0-80299500-1366719121_thumb.jpg

Hey Mopar Pals -

How's everyone doing and any new Route Van spottings? :rolleyes:

Dodge vans, craigslist Northern ca. Less rust?? :rolleyes:

37514786341.html

37599508073.html

Another one in New Brighton, MN....