OT She's home"

Kudzuking

I drove her around the block a few times, some guy waved me down and wanted to know about the car, then he wanted to know if she was for sale, i said, sure 8500, he said I'll be down to talk to Ya, course money talks and BS walks, but ya never know. I could use the cash for the new project I found, 1 of 54 1960 Fury's with the 395 Golden Commando 383, guess I'll never have a car to drive, always two birds in the bush is better than one in the hand, I'll never learn, but sho is fun findin' um.

post-9038-13585373035346_thumb.jpg

They look so much cooler if you have the higher trim line.

wpcmeet012.jpg

maybe true, but that's a Polara not a Phoenix, Pioneer or Seneca. little different, kinda like I think a convertible better than a four door, apples, oranges, and opinions. and the jacked in the back look ain't for me either, don't get me wrong, the Polara is a nice looking car.

Originally Posted by Kudzuking

That 4 door looks great, i think the color really makes that car, nice.

He painted it Toyota grey. I think it came out alright. He's still running it mostly original (including the 318), but has upgraded to disc brakes.

We took some photos of our vehicles together a while back...

Desotodav

post-7583-13585373087239_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585373087542_thumb.jpg

maybe true, but that's a Polara not a Phoenix, Pioneer or Seneca. little different, kinda like I think a convertible better than a four door, apples, oranges, and opinions. and the jacked in the back look ain't for me either, don't get me wrong, the Polara is a nice looking car.

Its all about the tail lights. I don't understand why they chose to have two completely different styles. Also the wagon regardless of trim level had the rocket looking tail lights.

If you look at the 1961 silver gray Phoenix in the pics below, the upper tail lights are an accessory, the tail lights on the non Polara's are way down low on the corners and just above the bumpers, I heard there were accidents caused by the low and smallish tail lights, so Ma Mopar came out with the one's you add on at trunk level, also on the Phoenix below, the round red tail lights are backup lights and I have never seen them red before they are always clear. Mine doesn't have the trunk level tail lights, but i think I have some NOS one's stashed around here some where, but not sure if i will use them, it's a cleaner look without them, i think, but I don't relish the idea of someone rearending me either.

love the roof lines on those forward look mopars, you dont seee those every day, i remember seeing those when i was a kid,,seemed the drivers seat back rest was always higher then the passengers,,

does it have the square steering wheel ??

Yes, almost looks like a chopped top doesn't it?, especially at the rear, I wish it had the Ski Hi rear winsow, the 61 Phoenix I used to have had that rear window and it really looks good, but in the summer, God help you if you were ridind in the back seat, tou could literally look up and see the sky. If I'm not mistaken the 1961 Chrysler, Plymouth and Dodges had the drivers seat that was taller than the passenger side as this one does.It doesn't have the square or sparkle clear steering wheel but he did put an Imperial square steering wheel in the trunk that I'll redo and install.

Yes, almost looks like a chopped top doesn't it?, especially at the rear, I wish it had the Ski Hi rear winsow, the 61 Phoenix I used to have had that rear window and it really looks good, but in the summer, God help you if you were ridind in the back seat, tou could literally look up and see the sky. If I'm not mistaken the 1961 Chrysler, Plymouth and Dodges had the drivers seat that was taller than the passenger side as this one does.It doesn't have the square or sparkle clear steering wheel but he did put an Imperial square steering wheel in the trunk that I'll redo and install.

im not sure now but a few years ago it seemed the custom guys and restoreres were looking for those square steering wheels,,ive seen them at the chrysler at carlisle swap going for a grand asking price,,i think that roof line started in 57 ?? i remember dennis gage of my classic car, doing a segment on a guy that had a few of those and one was a low production model,,i seem to think the model was matodor ??

• 1 year later...

I went to visit another mate of mine with a 4-door 61 Phoenix today. It turned out that he actually had the car out of the shed and was preparing it to be registered again. His plans are to polish up the original patina paint and leave it like that. He also has another yellow one in his shed, along with a few 59/60 Plymouth's. The old barn that he has which he is converting into a 50's rock-n-roll diner is coming along really nice.

post-3915-0-15983900-1400224486_thumb.jpg

Dav, the oz mopars had a few different taillight treatments due to the local regulations regarding the indicators and their colour.......btw if you ever come across a 1963-66 318 poly engine ideally with the alloy trans attached that would be nice but even just a bare 1963-66 block would be fine.......lol....can you let me know........regards, andyd.