New Garage

Oldguy48

Drove my P15 into it's new garage today! Lots more electrical work to do, but we can start moving the tools & other stuff from the storage unit where it's been for the last 1 1/2 yrs. to the garage & workshop. 4 car garage upstairs, a garage area for the daughter & son-in-law's motor home & a workshop downstairs. A true "Man cave" of a lifetime. There are a couple of projects just waiting for us as soon as we get organized (which may take a while).:D

post-1572-13585373006782_thumb.jpg

post-1572-13585373007667_thumb.jpg

post-1572-13585373008731_thumb.jpg

post-1572-13585373009537_thumb.jpg

Drove my P15 into it's new garage today! Lots more electrical work to do, but we can start moving the tools & other stuff from the storage unit where it's been for the last 1 1/2 yrs. to the garage & workshop. 4 car garage upstairs, a garage area for the daughter & son-in-law's motor home & a workshop downstairs. A true "Man cave" of a lifetime. There are a couple of projects just waiting for us as soon as we get organized (which may take a while).:D

Sheesh that's bigger than my house haha... I can only dream of that... Congrats.

So whats behind the wall in the upper portion? Storage with a sloped roof? Where does the lawn mower go :) Planning a lift in the work area? Is there a guest bedroom? More pics if you have them.

Ed,

You are correct...behind the wall is a usable storage area about 6 feet wide, that runs the length of the garage (60 feet). Our plan is to build a bunch of shelves in the storage area. It does have a sloped roof, but it's still high enough to stand up in. The rest is roof trusses. I'll post a few more pics soon.:D

And no...it does not have a guest bedroom. We've discussed a lift, but not sure about that yet. And we'll find a spot under the deck for the mower.

Wayne

Edited by Oldguy48

Wow! A two story garage!!! What's the construction of the upstairs floor/downstairs ceiling? Any pictures of that? A very nice setup!!!

The floor upstairs in 4" wire reinforced concrete, poured over 1/2" plywood, with a layer of plastic sheeting between. It's supported by 2" x 12" wooden joists on 12" centers. The joists are supported with 2 "Glu-Lam" beams that are about 16" high and 4" thick, and 4" diameter steel support posts. The interior wall downstairs is 2" x 6" wooden studs, also on 12" centers. The outer walls supporting the floor are poured reinforced concrete. I think the workshop could serve as a bomb shelter if we needed it.:eek: I need to take a few more pics to post.

Wayne