Blizzard Last Night

55 Fargo

Had a wicked Blizzard last night wind howled for near 24 hours,snow and cold, it had been mild for a few days prior, oh well such as life in Manitoba.

With the windchill, wind gusts to 50 mph, it was -25f, air temp down to below 0.

today fired up old John Deere blower, drifts were as hard as rock, had to break a lot of it with shovel first.

The afternoon sun came out, wind died right down, but cold, 6 below right now, with a very clear sky.....some pics PS fired up 55 fargo, and had a cruise, good heat, but need frost shields....

high 40's yesterday in MN with rain (most of th esnow now gone), today high of 13 with subzero windchills....gotta love living in the north! At least you Canadians don't get the crazy temp swings as much. I'd prefer it just be cold for 4 months, I hate the 2 day tease of warm in the middle of cold!

Man, I went and turned up the thermostat just looking at the pics, Manitoba, isn't that Inuwit for "don't come here, to much damm snow"

..Had me laughing - I reserve comment,wouldn't be politically correct :rolleyes:

Man, I went and turned up the thermostat just looking at the pics, Manitoba, isn't that Inuwit for "don't come here, to much damm snow"

Nope, not sure, but hard to believe summers are hot and humid at times just like the south..

high 40's yesterday in MN with rain (most of th esnow now gone), today high of 13 with subzero windchills....gotta love living in the north! At least you Canadians don't get the crazy temp swings as much. I'd prefer it just be cold for 4 months, I hate the 2 day tease of warm in the middle of cold!

Thursday it was 37, so temps fluctuate here too. Canada is a big country, it was 57 in Toronto today..

Seems we're all in a cold spell. Here in the central valley we got down to 28 again and expecting that tonight. That makes the citrus growers VERY nervous. Four hours at that temp and the crop gets thinned out FAST. BUt I do not miss the Omaha and Western NE winters. Been there done that. Jan - Mar can be brutal.

Feb our fruit trees begin to bloom by Mar 10 the valley is in full bloom.

Edited by pflaming

We were mild all Summer and winter just last week was 68 now it's in the upper 30's for a high.. Had nasty winds yesterday blow a cold front in dang it.. Next week back to upper 50's and low sixties that I can handle... It's just been so cold yesterday and today my hands lock up on me and my fingers are hard to move... It's almost over thou..

Had a wicked Blizzard last night wind howled for near 24 hours,snow and cold, it had been mild for a few days prior, oh well such as life in Manitoba.

With the windchill, wind gusts to 50 mph, it was -25f, air temp down to below 0.

today fired up old John Deere blower, drifts were as hard as rock, had to break a lot of it with shovel first.

The afternoon sun came out, wind died right down, but cold, 6 below right now, with a very clear sky.....some pics PS fired up 55 fargo, and had a cruise, good heat, but need frost shields....

Holy Cow!!:eek::eek:

I think it was about 80 degrees here today in North Alabama.Rockwood if I had the snow and cold temps you and all you northern guys have I wouldn't last a day!!

All I can say is you better get out your longhandles :D

We were mild all Summer and winter just last week was 68 now it's in the upper 30's for a high.. Had nasty winds yesterday blow a cold front in dang it.. Next week back to upper 50's and low sixties that I can handle... It's just been so cold yesterday and today my hands lock up on me and my fingers are hard to move... It's almost over thou..

Hi LP. You might consider putting your location.....specific or general.....in

the upper right corner of your screen information. You were commenting

on the weather.....but I could not tell where you are.

Here in good ole southwest corner of MO.......had some light freezing rain

and sleet last nite. When I awoke this morning, it seems we had some

snow type stuff as everything is white, but is not deep. Temp is 20 with

winds of 8 to 10 mph.

DSC06497.jpg

How do those Palm Trees and other tropical type vegetation survive there, guess they can take below freezing a bit now and then....

The fog is so thick here this morning that you could "Cut it with a Knife"

Rockwood, did you have to drive to work during the blizzard?

Boy how I remember driving 25 miles one way from Earlville to Georgetown in Madison County during snow storms to get to work and back. Some very exciting trips and hard ones

The fog is so thick here this morning that you could "Cut it with a Knife"

Rockwood' date=' did you have to drive to work during the blizzard?

Boy how I remember driving 25 miles one way from Earlville to Georgetown in Madison County during snow storms to get to work and back. Some very exciting trips and hard ones[/quote']

Hey Bob, I am on days off, and I also have 25 miles each way to work. I have a new rule the past few years, temps below -20f, or snowstorms/blizzards, I pick up phone and book off. I have a lot of leave accumulated, and do not endanger myself with storm or bitter cold travel anymore, maybe not the most prudent thinking, but it works for me..... PS I also have an alternate back road route, but it depends on how wind is blowing etc, but it is great for freezing rain. Most staff come from the city, and the freeway/interstate type highway drive can be a nightmare, when some wants to drive 65 mph, passes you, blowing snow, and tons of cars in the ditch, only blessing multi-lane highways...

Edited by Rockwood