New creeper OT

Don Coatney

Wow!

Unfortunately as I've acquired a little more girth I am no longer able to us a creeper under my '33 unless I put it up on jack stands first. So that tool would take simple jobs that require just sliding under the car into bigger jobs that require getting out the floor jack, stands, etc.

On the other hand, it might make it worth it... Just the fun factor.

Tim,

a lift is not in my future !

so, Don my birthdays in march or maybe next christmas.:rolleyes:

Want my shipping address??:D

Best to ya rich guys!

Doug

On the other hand, Tim - imagine comfortably moseying about underneath your vehicle,on an easy chair,with your lift set at a lower height....Maybe a little too comfortable and not much accomplished at the end of the day (speaking for myself of course) LOL

I know the kids would have fun with it! I could use this as it takes alot of energy to get up from floor and stand at my age. When working down at the shipyard I ust to tell people I had a magnet in my butt because if it could be done sitting down I did it that way.

:D

I don't use one much either but.....for those of you who want that I got something you dont have- a "Hovercreeper"!

• Like 1

On the other hand, Tim - imagine comfortably moseying about underneath your vehicle,on an easy chair,with your lift set at a lower height....Maybe a little too comfortable and not much accomplished at the end of the day (speaking for myself of course) LOL

I know me...I WOULD FALL ASLEEP AND NOTHING GET DONE....

Hay Don,

I have a creeper in the garage but hardly ever use it. Jacking the car up high enough to make use of the thing just isn't worth the effort. Besides.., I always wind up dropping a small wrench that always seems to get under one of the wheels. When I reach to remove it I usually wind up rolling off the creeper and crawling out from under the car then having to recover the creeper.

Maybe it's just me. :confused:

Chet...

No, its not just you. I have a problem with a creeper rolling out fromm under me when I am trying to exert some force on a wrench or a part. Sometimes it just scoots me away from where I want to be. It also means raising the car an extra 6 or 8 inches. So, a large piece of cardboard or an old carpet is simpler and safer. For me, anyway.

Hay Don,

I have a creeper in the garage but hardly ever use it. Jacking the car up high enough to make use of the thing just isn't worth the effort. Besides.., I always wind up dropping a small wrench that always seems to get under one of the wheels. When I reach to remove it I usually wind up rolling off the creeper and crawling out from under the car then having to recover the creeper.

Maybe it's just me. :confused:

Chet...

Hi Chet;

I also have a creeper in my garage but I only use it to move stuff around occasionally. It does make a handy place to set tools on when working under the car.

Is anyone using the Harbor Freight item.....the "oversized, low profile"

creeper? Son in law gave me one a couple Christmases ago.....but I

never really had occasion to use it. After the tornado, it ended up in

the custody of someone living East of here I guess.

image_18391.jpg

Bob I had one of those creppers from harbor freight and it was a piece of junk. It was to hold 300 pounds and I'm no way near that and after about two weeks of using it the wheels broke off the darn thing. The plastic around the wheels split and broke. The price was right for I think was around 19 to 25 dollars but I wouldn't recommend to any one. I ended up making my own out of a piece of 3/4" plywood and used the headrest off the harbor freight one also took the router and made the pockets to hold tools just like the one I purchased. Works well and have had this one a long time. Just my experence with the harbor freight one.

Wow.....Bet you can get one at the door next trip to Wally Mart.

"Mobility Scooter? HumanHoist?"

"That's Ok....I'll walk..wha? wait? Did you say HumanHoist?!?! 2 please!!!":D

48D

• 2 weeks later...

:confused: Bought a combo from Sears :mad: Creeper & Jack & two stands, the creeper broke in three peace's and the jack leaked off so I gave the hole darn thing away.

Went to a sale and bought a old timers jack that really work well and as far as a creeper they are just to hard to ride these days so if I need to get down I try to plan for as many tasks as I can and down go's the cardboard. :cool: 

It ant the hangovers that hurt more then they used to :(  :huh: .