Hey Gang -

I am new to the site, but have been a big fan of the Dodge Route Van. I am just started my search to acquire one, but figured I'd check in with the experts. I am interested in buying a DRV, can anyone point me in the right direction? I am attaching a photo of one, so please contact me for any leads.

Here is my email Brandon.Byrd@mac.com

Thank You!

post-9346-13585372835558_thumb.jpg

Not a Dodge But:

DSC_0138_zpscc227aa6.jpg

They sure are Special Vehicles especially if you are a carpenter/cabinet maker type.:cool:

I remember these Dugan Bakery Trucks back when I was a mere child back East. Not sure if they were Dodges, but they were all over the place.:P

Probably "Big Jim" our local Junkyard man crushed them all :mad:

Hank :)

Hank I vaguely remember reading that the these were made my Montpelier same as the early Dodge vans. Dodge took over their own production in the early 40s.

There are two models of route vans as you probably know. The lighter DU 1 ton with 6 lug wheels and the 1-1/2tonner "Big" heavy model with the large wheel 5 lug pattern and rear swing axle rear end.

I don't know where you live but there is a R. Van somewhere between Prosser and Benton city of SE Washington state. It has moved at least once.

Route vans are few and far between.

There also was a rust free EU van in a Umatilla Oregon wrecking yard minus the rear end.

Bob

I have seen two...neither was a finsished model...they are way different and thus the attration to most folks...I have always like panels and wagons over any truck..fory folks..just me..I have a 58 Dodge truck that runs well but needs some body work...I also have a brand F panel...I feel quite certain I will move these as I really do not have my heart into either though I originally took ownership of the 58 Dodge some 20 years ago..I have not ngelected it however since I brought it back home to GA while back..I have since sourced some trim parts for it..A route van would probably tweak my interest a bit more than the other two combined..

• 1 month later...

Hey Gang -

I am new to the site, but have been a big fan of the Dodge Route Van. I am just started my search to acquire one, but figured I'd check in with the experts. I am interested in buying a DRV, can anyone point me in the right direction? I am attaching a photo of one, so please contact me for any leads.

Here is my email Brandon.Byrd@mac.com

Thank You!

Brandon

You have your email address in a number of threads asking for people to email you. You are followig it as well. Is the email received from the site not working or did you forget to check it when asked? Since posting you email leads to more spam why do it.

Does anyone know who owns this van or where its located? If so, please email me (Brandon.Byrd@mac.com) or send me a DM, please.

Does anyone know who owns this van or where its located? If so, please email me (Brandon.Byrd@mac.com) or send me a DM, please.

I think this one is ,or was owned by Charlie Akers aka ryustyhope on this forum. I think he had it up for sale a while back. He lives in

Florida.

RteVanBran, - Did you check out the guy who has two in TX? If you need any help, let me know. HONEST, I won't buy anything out from under you! RteVanDon