Rear view mirror divsion bar

ggdad1951

your thoughts guys? This is my first modification. With some tooling mods I could make as many as I want (some tool wear, need harder steel for the square "punch")

20121227_165836.jpg

20121227_165844.jpg

20121227_165856.jpg

Edited by ggdad1951

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like OE factory. Great work Mark!;)

Here's the OE factory bar to compare to...

Bob

Obviously you are not planning to retire on this extra income. That's a very generous and ingeneous offer.

Thanks,

Hank :)

There is always tips or favors down the road. This place is for friends, I'm not gonna get rich, no.

I believe I have an extra that I could send to you for modification. However, the next question becomes, where do you get the mirror? Are the Roberts ones correct, or close enough?

Merle

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370553530886?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Happy New Year (Merry Christmas Past) Merle,

Hank :)

My truck came with the factory mirror bar, but I've got a spare plain one if you need it. Kind of a core type set-up... you send a modified, they send you a core for the next person that needs one.

not a bad idea, but the problem comes when someone sends a NICE one in for mod and I'd have to send them one not as nice....I'd rather mod the ones from the people and send them theirs back (unless I mess it up and have to use one of the extras I happen to have).

if you are interested PM me and we'll get you fixed up.

Edited by ggdad1951

My truck came with the factory mirror bar, but I've got a spare plain one if you need it. Kind of a core type set-up... you send a modified, they send you a core for the next person that needs one.

Could you please show your factory mirror bar and mirror head? It would be good to show more of these acessories on our trucks...:)

Bob

The inside of my truck is a mess, but Ill try to get some pics if it ever quits raining. Need to find my outside divider bar, hopefully it is buried in the cab somewhere. A lot of stuff got misplaced while packing for the move. Been here almost 2 years, still have boxes in the cabs of both trucks...:mad:

I always thought the mirror, like the air ride seat, was stock in all of them, never been in a Pilot House without either.

Looks the same as the mirror in my big truck. That is the correct mirror head for the trucks. I am not positve on the truck mirror color as the P-15/Dodge ect mirror heads I think are grey and or a brown color? I don't remember what color my mirror head was back in 1984 when I bought my big truck. It came from hot country and the paint was mostly gone I'm sure so I painted all the trim black.

Really doesn't matter too much. Chrome MoPar inside mirror heads were a bit too fancy for the cars and trucks up through 52 except for hardtops and converts.

Bob

I'd have to dig thru the parts manual for the PN...903965...so looks to be the same

As for color its very similar to my NOS ash tray color, an off grey with a tinge of blue I think

#903965 is shown in the Dodge parts books for the inside mirror. Section 23-21-8.

Bob

Guest bewillie

Sorry if I misled anyone but I made a wrong assumtion that young Ed wanted part # for the 39-46 Trucks as that is what he has. The NOS mirrors I have are for 39-46 Dodge trucks. I have no idea what later trucks use.