OT: Nostalgia

Uncle-Pekka

Disclaimer/apology:

I just realized that the "dispatch" of my original message above, in Friday 14th, could be understood to refer to the tragedy in Connecticut.

Sincerely, when I wrote my message, I haven't heard of the tragedy yet.

Merely my working day had been hard and wearing, thus wrote the line in certain "God thank it's Friday"-mood... Not that it would been offensive in any way, but just need to say it was not refering to the sad news.

That would be the last thing any us folks on this site would think. I know I speak for all the guys and girls on this site with broken hearts on with what went on last Friday. Maybe gun control is needed beside why do people need to have machine guns anyway? I'm not over the top for gun control but there needs to be more scrutiny about this subject as our president said last night.

That would be the last thing any us folks on this site would think. I know I speak for all the guys and girls on this site with broken hearts on with what went on last Friday. Maybe gun control is needed beside why do people need to have machine guns anyway? I'm not over the top for gun control but there needs to be more scrutiny about this subject as our president said last night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

come on folks get some facts straight before commenting..machine gun was not used..it was a semi automatic rifle...clip size...makes no difference, stock 20 round clip is sent from factory with 5 round max plug for hunting that is easily removed..hunters will abide by the 5 round rule..killers will not, besides, the clips are easily made/modified..remember, these guns used were stolen from the owners mother..he was underage...no law on the book can prevent this...every gun related incidnet is now making top headlines to fuel the machine t take away citizens rights just this minute..I call for a ban to the posting of this stuff on the forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

every gun related incidnet is now making top headlines to fuel the machine t take away citizens rights just this minute..I call for a ban to the posting of this stuff on the forum

It's kind of ironic to complain about losing rights and then call for a ban on posting of an opinion. But I do think it would be good to keep OT opinions to threads that are clearly labeled as such. There is an OT thread for the Connecticut tragedy that is clearly labeled. I've avoided it because I don't want to read about gun control opinions here. But now I've stumbled into it.

Disclaimer/apology:....

No apology necessary..I'm retired,seldom hear the news unless I catch it on the radio while in my truck,don't as a rule watch it on TV nor do I have the daily newspaper delivered anymore ,yet somehow I seem to hear the news of the day,albeit sometimes a day or two late..first I heard of the tragic event in Connecticut was on this forum..

On a more pleasant note,nice photos

There is a nice "L" shaped handle with Ivory plastic set in to the face of the handle that is located to the right of the steering coluum. On this handle there is a button you push down at the same time you pull out the handle, and by mechanical linkage the headlamps roll back and turn on as the headlamp switch is actuated by the handle.

Bob

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

• 3 weeks later...

These were spotted and picked on other website nostalgia photo thread:

The First is for Pete (the Blueskies):

195WillysWgnWeb44.jpg

Miss North Shore (Marian Heinz, age 17) stands alongside a 1951 Willys Jeep station wagon. Willys began to produce vehicles for the civilian market soon after World War II, with the station wagons debuting in 1946.

1951PlymouthExhibitWeb22.jpg

Miss Garfield Park (Sophie Max, age 21) and a 1951 Plymouth Cranbrook convertible coupe were photographed together on a turntable display.

• 2 weeks later...

Them was the days. No mass shootings. No gratuitous violence. Remember "Gone With the Wind" and people were complaining about the word 'damn' being used. We've come a long way - I'm not sure it is all good. But I guess you gotta play the cards you're dealt.

There is a nice "L" shaped handle with Ivory plastic set in to the face of the handle that is located to the right of the steering coluum. On this handle there is a button you push down at the same time you pull out the handle, and by mechanical linkage the headlamps roll back and turn on as the headlamp switch is actuated by the handle.

Bob

that is awesome!!