New project with a huge motor

HotrodLono

Hi folks. It's been a while since I posted. My 3.9 Plymouth found a new home and I've been intrenched in the blue oval for a few years.

I've finally added a new project to the mix.

429404_305439359562851_697214310_n.jpg

198201_305185099588277_486086926_n.jpg

Right now its stashed away about 600 miles away. I wont get to see it in person till spring.

At the moment she's motorless and without tranny but I have plans for it and need some input.

Now I know in advance I'll offend some, so I apologize in advance.

I have a ford 429 with auto tranny and I would really like to use it.

.............just waiting for the laughter to end.

Will it fit in there with modifications to the sheet metal?

Anyone have a constructive opinion on it? :o

Hey it's your car and your the only one you have to please. I'm putting a SBC in my P-15 with Packard valve covers and I don't care who likes it. After all it's mine and I do the work, besides it's fun listening to the comments at the car show. You could never build a car that would please everyone anyway, and why would you want to? Enjoy your ride.

:P  :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like it would be a nice build. Take your time, do your research and stay within the limits of your skills if your going to do the work your self and get help if your out of your limits. The main thing is to stick with it and believe that you can do it. Keep your vision and work to it. You will learn alot along the way. It took me 5 years to build my hemi powered '46 dodge. I'm not an auto mechanic as I do reconstructive foot and ankle surgery. Belive me if I can do it you can