Happy Veteran's Day

1940plymouth

'68 - 72' USAF! Nam. Tough years, a special thank you to you! I was teaching HS in Bellevue, NE, home of the Strategic Air Command in those years. 80% of our students were USAF and other services kids. That experience showed and taught me the QUALITY of the armed forces leadership. SALUTE!

USN: 1969-73

Don; The restaurant list is good news/bad news- all that comfort food for free, but I gotta go in Tuesday for repair of plugged arteries!!!! DOH!!! Evidently I've already had too much comfort food.

USN: 1969-73

Don; The restaurant list is good news/bad news- all that comfort food for free, but I gotta go in Tuesday for repair of plugged arteries!!!! DOH!!! Evidently I've already had too much comfort food.

Good Luck on Tuesday. You'll be on my prayer list

I go back to Cooperstown tomorrow for a c-scan to see if I am going to need surgery on my throat after the chemo and 35 radiation treatments.

Good Luck on Tuesday. You'll be on my prayer list

I go back to Cooperstown tomorrow for a c-scan to see if I am going to need surgery on my throat after the chemo and 35 radiation treatments.

Good luck to you both,

US Army. Air Defense Artilary. 1970-72

Chet...

Good luck to you both on the medical things.

At this moment we are in Branson Mo (music capital of the world or so they

say). They do numerous things to honor vets here and there is a small

military museum. Note: I was not in the military due to a medical reason--

we just came here with our friend who has some time share time to use.

Last night we went to see Bob Newhart.....and his comedy material was

still very funny. He can do a whole show using decent language.

DSC06257.jpg

In the lobby was a replica of a 1938 Cord.....pretty neat. It did have a

Barrett Jackson license tag on the rear.

DSC06245.jpg

God's healing to both. The old comedians were pure comedians. Many, like Bob Hope, Johnney Carson, and Red Skelton, pointed their humor toward themselves or had a very special way with words and irony. Red Skelton is still my fav. I used to watch Carson live from 10:30 to midnight in the mid-sixties. Seldom missed a show and modified of lot of his material when I was teaching.

US Army 1980-84. Just a "Grunt" in the 3rd ID in Wildflecken, Germany, and 82nd Airborne Division stateside. Waiting for the Soviet Horde to sweep across Europe and a little bar-fight in Grenada, but relatively quiet service. Been shot at more times in my current occupation than when I was in the Army :eek:

Thanks for serving with me to all my fellow Vets!

The older I get the more thankful I have become for those that gave service to this country and because I have never walked in your shoes, I know I will never fully appreciate the sacrifices you made for me, your family, your friends and your country then and today. It is because of your sacrifices that I am able to enjoy the freedoms of this land. With sincerity and humility I say simply, thank you for all you’ve done and continue to do for me, my family, my friends and our country.

Just to let you all know, I got a couple more stents put in my heart. It was pretty much a piece o' cake until they sewed up the hole in my groin. YOWZA!!! I think they used a hunk of baling twine and a 2/0 salmon hook for that chore! They must have an old Navy messcook making the oatmeal. Other than that I'm good to go. Flushing the fuel lines and removing the spud from the tail pipe makes a big difference. Thanks for your prayers.