Unbelievable ??

wayfarerstranger

Well, it has a clock, radio, spotlight and sunvisor........might get a couple of hundred for those bits.......lol.....andyd

The buyer is possibly like a distant acquaintence of mine who bought a 58/59 Plymouth hard top. He had all the work done, paid the bill, and now goes to car shows and brags about "his" car. I guess some like to 'buy' in.

Let me guess... Does the sales pitch say "It has lot of POTENTIAL"?

Seriously. I am sorry for the fellow who has bought that.

He has to be someone with no experience in old cars but full of enthusiasm.

After this it will be vice versa and result is that he will exit the hobby before he did enter...

I guess it depends on how solid the body and fenders are and how many cars the buyer had seen that were in worse condition...and maybe he just wanted a mopar really bad. Seems kind of high though, but not as far out as some of the prices have been lately for some folk's stuff...to me, that's a ferd or chuvy price range...not a mopar price as they tend to be less{great for us when it's time to buy - not so good when it's time to sell}.

Wanna talk crazy....what was the price for the last oem dash clock you saw for an early 40s car....I saw $300 and that was without the glovebox door still...now that's crazy...to me.

Edited by 40P10touring sedan

The first picture of the Dodge shows some kind of chrome trim on top of the fenders. I have never seen that before. Was that some kind of factory trim option at the time, or just some hood ornaments someone bolted on?

Dave

I forget what car that trim is from..have seen a number of examples of it at the swap meets..this is just a add on someone fancied for their car...

lots of missing items on the car and quite rough about the edges if indeed this was the price the buyer paid...I really hate to see folks taken advantage of but..it all boils down to doing a bit of comparison shopping prior to paying out the coin..

I am hoping that the price mentioned is just a hoax to stir up a bit of light banter across the board..

I have never seen moss like that growing anywhere, let alone on the side of a car.........how come?...........do you yanks get moss growing on ya if you stand still?...........lol...........o/k...........back in my corner I go.........lol...........andyd

The one Jon is standing by has a spotlight and pair of fog lamps.

Plus a wringer washer you can use as an occasional table.

A blues player I went to see once used a washer like that to sit his

assortment of harmonicas and things on.

[A blues player I went to see once used a washer like that to sit his

assortment of harmonicas and things on.

Actually===I think the old washer belonged to the venue where he was

playing in Eureka Springs, Arkansas during their blues festival.

His name is Charlie Musselwhite--one of the top blues harmonica players

in the country. I think I had the oldest item for him to autograph = an

8 track tape.

Link to a tune by him on You Tube,,,,,,,