Happy Halloween P15-D24

55 Fargo

Leo's first halloween. He was a gnome earlier but I just couldnt let him go to bed without a little treat. Sorry you'll have to tilt your head neither the wife or I have figured out how to rotate the video yet.

th_M4H05825.jpg

Hey that's great Ed, remember taking mine out at that age. Tonight I went "trick or treatin", with my 2 youngest,had a blast, I actually got a lot of candy, not sure why, had to be the oldest out at age 51........LOL

The only Trick-or-Treaters we got were the grandkids. Its a busy road with no sidewalk or lights issue - not through any lack of effort on our part :D. Up until living here, our house would be the one everyone had to visit :eek: 6-month old Rylinn was a bunny, and 3-year old Jaiden was a mummy.

post-400-13585371591689_thumb.jpg

I had to do my music gig last night......so we set out a container of

assorted candy with a sign saying "Take One.....Please leave some

for others".

When we returned home, there was only one piece left.

Of course, we don't know how it really went, but hopefully it

went to several kids.

we have lived in our home since 1990. During that time we have had exactly 1 trick or treater. She was the daughter of a friend to drove her over to show off her costume. We live on a state highway just outside the village limit, and there is no sidewalk.

On the other hand we get no political pollsters, no evangelists, no mormons on a mission, no Jehovah's Witnesses either.

We moved here from a house inside the city limits where folks used to convoy in mini vans bringing kids and teens from other areas of the city. Don;t mind spoiling the neighbor kids and getting them hyped up on sugar but kids from the other side of town, not so much.

Wife took the kids to her work, down buyers row{purchasing}...both kids came home with alittle over a half a grocery bag full each{the "green" recycled ones they use now-a-days}. We didn't hand out candy this year...too few kids come over to our block which is dang odd since the next block over it's common to hand out between 600-1300pcs! Last year we gave out 38pcs all night and the neighbor behind me said he quit counting at 1200 ... that block is also known for it's blocklong christmas lighting display as well. Lehnertz Ave, Aurora IL...don't go lookin at the facebook page or you'll get my backside shot on the trailer or me holding the ladder{RHside} !:D

the year after we moved to this area the biddies in this area squashed Halloween as an an evil event and any child that participated would eventually be tortmenting cats and dogs and later develop into murderers and such...however I bet back int he day they never missed holding out the bag for treats..these narrow minded people with their special agendas ...I think you all know a few of them..the kids ae losing out on their childhood..probably only 1 kid in past 10 years..

"I ride the bus past here every day, I told Mom I wanted to go to the house that has the old cars".

Now that's cool, kids see much more for which we give them credit. Find out who he is and have him dust the cars off each saturday. Each year give him a better task and a little money and in a few years you'll have two things: a good helper and a 'life long friend'. We all need six friends when we pass on or they creamate. :D