Hello from germany

coupedeluxe

Andre,Welcome to the forum.Your car looks great.Glad to hear it's on the road.

Where do you live in Germany? I lived in Muenster as a student in 1969. (die sprache ist vorbei gegangen) I also have a P-15 coupe, looks very much like yours. Next time you are in the USA, look for an overdrive transmission. There were made in 6 volts until 1955 and are a direct replacement for the transmission in your coupe. It will reduce rpm by 20%

George in Michigan Gwellman@mac.com

Thanks :). I've never been to the usa but i love the great us cars.

the Plymouuth was converted by me to 12V.the harness is new.as well the breaks,the seatcovers,the floor,the wheels and tires(225/70x15) the,headliner,...

the car has olnly a little bit rust on the floor.thanks californienweather.:D

my other cars. 1966 Belair Wagon.1992 Wayne Schoolbus(Camper)

,1994 Chevy PU Excap

12187458yi.jpg

12187459xb.jpg

Andre

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I stationed in Germany for two years (1980-82, West Germany back then) when I was in the Army - Wildflecken in northern Bavaria. Loved every minute of it, including the winters - I had never seen snow before then! Of course, driving in snow wasn't all that fun. At least it looks like you get sunshine with your winter - always overcast and grey around here (western New York).

I was there too. Butzbach - 70-71. We (wife and I) were just back there in October with a couple we were stationed there with.

Loved every minute of it too.

I was stationed at Fulda, Germany.. 1957-58 . Have very fond memories of the area.. My wife and I were the only Americans living in the apartment building we lived in..

I had a very unusual thing happen to me about three months ago... While searching though eBay for a '49 CA license plate for my '49 Olds, a '49 US Forces in Germany popped up.. Scrolling through the USFG listings I came upon a '57 USFG plate... The number on the plate struck a cord in my memory, however, I could not exactly place the memory... I marked the listing and moved on..

Later in the day I got out my photo album from Germany, reviewing the pix I came upon a pix of the '50 Opel I had during my time in Fulda.. Low and behold the plate number on my Opel was only five numbers from the plate on eBay..

At the time that I was in Germany the USFG license plates were issued by region.. That gave the MP's the ability to note where a vehicle was from very quickly...

The unit of the MP'S that handled vehicle registration went to the out laying regions on a set schedule.. Personnel requiring vehicle registration would have wait for the MP unit to come to your Kasern.. On the annual expiration of vehicle registration, the renewals were handled on a "by company basis"..

Since the plate on eBay was only five numbers from my plate, the GI that got it was only five people behind me in the line... That meant he was a member of the my company, the 15th Ord, or he was a member of the 501 Medics.. Very spooky to say the least..

Upon receipt of the plates I contacted the seller to see if he had owned the plates or if he knew the former owner of the plates... The seller had purchased the plates at an estate sale, he had no idea who the former owner was..

I made sure that my eBay bid was high enough so as to ensure winning the bid.. The US Forces in Germany plate now has an honored place on the wall in my shop with the rest of my old license plates from around the US...

post-6666-13585372442569_thumb.jpg

First Wildflecken, then Fulda. Were you guys in the air defense artillery? I was assigned to Head Quarters, 6th Battalion (HHB) of the 562nd Air Defense Artillery command in Butzbach.

Company B was in Wildflecken, Germany, and Company C was in Fulda. We were a Hawk Missile Battery.

I had a 63 Opel Record while I was stationed over there. About 6 months before I got out, I sold it and bought a 67 Mustang from a “lifer” who was transferred stateside. I got promoted to SGT (E-5) and got to ship it back home for free. So my USA plates are hanging on my garage wall

post-309-13585372458645_thumb.jpg

First Wildflecken, then Fulda. Were you guys in the air defense artillery? I was assigned to Head Quarters, 6th Battalion (HHB) of the 562nd Air Defense Artillery command in Butzbach.

Company B was in Wildflecken, Germany, and Company C was in Fulda. We were a Hawk Missile Battery.

I had a 63 Opel Record while I was stationed over there. About 6 months before I got out, I sold it and bought a 67 Mustang from a “lifer” who was transferred stateside. I got promoted to SGT (E-5) and got to ship it back home for free. So my USA plates are hanging on my garage wall

Not me. I was infantry in the 2/15th, 3rd Infantry Division. We were kind of the 3rd ID's "forgotten battalion", the only 3rd ID unit at Wildflecken all by ourselves out there. I remember the Hawk site, we used to PT past it all the time. That was the first place that I heard "the hawk is out", initially thought it had something to do with the AA unit, turns out it referred to those nasty winter winds that would blow through there!

post-400-13585372460132_thumb.jpg