Sell or not to sell - Need Help

lelshaddai

I have a problem I hope some of you guys can help with. I was at the largest cruise in AZ tonight and a guy offered me $6500 for my Suburban. The engine needs to be rebuilt, wiring is still cloth, rusted out in many places. I have about $4500 in it. I do not know if I would ever get that much for it even fixed up. I would take the funds and look for another project. I do not know values but it seems like a good price. It is a legit offer. He has quite a few cars. Wants this for his wife. Any thoughts? 20120718_105824.jpg

My son had a cherry '68 California Special Mustang coupe back about 20 years ago. Some one kept pressing him to buy it and finally offered him $8,500 for it. Glenn asked me what he should do, I asked him, what would you do with the money, "Buy me a new, no frills Toyota pickup. He took the money, bought the truck, and went for his MPT. 18 months later the bottom fell out of the Mustang market.

Money is money, there are alot of cars. I'd sell, but cash only.

that is a call you will have to make but as folks said..for the money you an get a car that is a bit more on the "upkept" side and start fresh...but if your heart is into the wagon...you may not be happy with something else...these old 2 door wagons are unique and not near as commonly seen as other body styles..

I do agree that the funds could buy a better condition car. This one runs, interior has been partially finished, brakes redone, clutch rebuilt other items finished and it does turn a lot of heads. It was quite the attraction at this show/cruise that had about 2000 cars. I have looked and cannot find running complete cars that are different. There are moredoors but I like the different types of cars. Also I cannot find cars that cheap.

I beleive you have answered your own question as to if or if not...the 'burbs do turn heads as most 2 door wagons always will...the surf board prop is also right at home on the wagon..I have a surf board on hand for my wagon and just recently found a very nice good fitting roof rack to install..to my surprise when I inquired of the roof rack..man said take it, its yours..

car sources: ebay, craigslist, hemmings motor news, auto trader magazines

at your supermarket (many have old as well as newer cars)......cars for sale

section of this forum, cars for sale section of the hamb. just put in in

your browser "1947 plymouth for sale" (or whatever you want to look for) and some will probably appear.

No, It was the big cruise on Central in Phoenix. He really wants this car. He has offered me a trade for his 50 F1. Ford Windsor 351, C4 tranny, 10 bolt Camaro Rear end, Power Brakes, Power steering, AC/heat, Under the blanket is nice bucket seats, Burlap door panels, Shaved door handles. Girl not included!!!

100_1590.jpg

100_1592.jpg

100_1593.jpg

KetchGrit0061.jpg[/img]

I found a 55 Ford Ranch Wagon that does not have as much character but is a whole lot better shape. He wants $4600 for it. Ford 289, C4 tranny, rest of the car is original. Interior is in real good shape. He converted to 12 volt for the engine but did not convert the rest of the car. Rockers are rusted. It has the Country Squire Wood package.

20121019_182902.jpg

Went a different direction. With the money from the sale I was able to buy 2 Nash Metropolitans, a 60 Red Coupe driver and a 61 yellow restorable convertible. I still have some funds left over for repairs. You guys have been great and saved me a lot of time.

Thanks.

We need pictures!!