concourse D'elegance

Alexander

Gents,

After a lengthy approval process, I just learned that I was accepted to participate in the New Jersey Concourse D'elegance with my 1947 plymouth. This show is on par with Pebble beach and some of the other high end car shows. My Plymouth will be among million dollar Dusenberg's and other rare exotics. The Monmouth County Concours d’Elegance show field opens to visitors on October 6th at 10 am

http://www.monmouthcountyconcours.com/

Hop Brook Farm

953 Holmdel Road

Holmdel, New Jersey 07733

WoHoo! so excited!

post-188-13585371187281_thumb.jpg

Are you parked next to a Kaiser Darian? Looks like the only color I have ever seen one painted or gelcoated. It is kind of amazing how much interest these cars will get when you get them out of the normal

ford guy chevy guy environment. Looks like a beautiful day.

The wife and I were in Joisey over the weekend for her elementary school reunion (St. Nick's in Jersey City). One of her classmates is the parish priest in Monroe Township (didn't catch the name of the parish), we spent Sunday down there. Wish I'd known about the show, would have preferred seeing that over putting the In-law's pool and lawn stuff away for the winter on Saturday. The show sure dodged a bullet, weather was awful on Sunday. Great looking Plymouth, I think its pretty awsome you got it in amongst all them high-fallutin cars!

Hi Bill,

I have the car for about 15 years now. over the years I did a full frame of restoration which included an engine rebuild. Everything we restored back to original as best I could. The car drives great! we have lots of fun with it. I probably put 400-800 miles a year.

If I can find an overdrive unit for it Ill be very happy.

post-188-13585371254643_thumb.jpg

post-188-13585371255341_thumb.jpg

post-188-13585371256075_thumb.jpg

Were you able to find the hog hair carpet for the rear? I don't think anyone makes it any more. I have never seen a rubber trunk mat for sale have you? In fact I don't know anyone that sells a front mat now. I bought one several years ago and the rubber is brittle. The color of the car is beautiful. You can be proud.

Bill,

I actually found the MOPAR carpet used in 40's 50's and the rubber mat (NOS). However, when restoring the car I was not happy with the way it looked. The car looked very commercial/industrial with the rubber matt up front. So, Instead I upholstered the front and back with automotive carpet. I know its not correct, but I am fine with it.

If any one wants my NOS carpet, make me an offer via email. The rubber mat I no longer have.

Alex