1950 Suburban

cybermca

i figured i would start this thread to track my updates on this car i just picked up yesterday. previously, i was planning on doing an explorer rear end, lowering the whole car 3 inches with spindles and blocks in the back, disc brakes, and the shock relocation. after driving this car around town, i realized it drives perfect and i should keep it together at least through the winter so i can enjoy it before i start putting it on jack stands. the brakes are great, so i will leave them for now, but i would like to jump on the the shock relocation because of the body roll. does anyone know of a larger sway bar that is a bolt in? the original looks like it is only 3/4" and i think maybe a 1 1/8" would help a lot... here is some pics. you might have seen this car a few years ago on bring a trailer.

post-9134-1358537111269_thumb.jpg

post-9134-13585371113175_thumb.jpg

Edited by cybermca
new name

SWEET!

God, don't change anything until you have some drive time with it!

You may find it's really ok once you get used to driving an 60 yr. old car.

Corners you get used to when to steer into and out to control curves. I keep up with traffic at 50+ thru corners now that i know how to steer it!

Nascar?:rolleyes:

Enjoy, love it as is,:D

Best

Doug

before you jump the gun on a larger sway bar do the shock relocation first..I believe you will be quite happy with the difference in the ride and handling..takes the boat out of the water so to speak..

also if you do decide to go with a larger sway bar they are avialable all day long and are in various strengths as a bolt in

Edited by Tim Adams