Cowl Vent Rubber Seal Question

Andydodge

Here are a few pics of both the Steele Rubber one piece seal which has the wrong profile and a piece of the 2nd cowl seal from Roberts Motors that I cut and spliced into another to get the correct length.......there are 2 more pics after this.......apologies if they are not clear......andyd

post-1938-13585373072641_thumb.jpg

post-1938-13585373072765_thumb.jpg

post-1938-13585373072882_thumb.jpg

post-1938-13585373073018_thumb.jpg

post-1938-13585373073137_thumb.jpg

Last 2 pics........you should be able to see the curved lower profile of the Roberts seal.......the Steele one is basically flat............andyd

post-1938-13585373073246_thumb.jpg

post-1938-13585373073381_thumb.jpg

Check your packaging AndyD - I reckon you will find it has a label like this attached...

Desotodav

Attached Thumbnails

Click image for larger version Name: Made in China.JPG Views: 58 Size: 91.0 KB ID: 38781

I have to ask... Is this photo for real? Does someone actually have the nerve to have a picture of an American flag over "Made in China"?!

If so... What was the product in that box?

Jim, that packaging thing is nothing to do with what I got......what I got from Steele was wrong yet they won't admit it.........andyd

I have to ask... Is this photo for real? Does someone actually have the nerve to have a picture of an American flag over "Made in China"?!

If so... What was the product in that box?

Does this seem new to you Jim?

it does oes seem like China, owns much of the world , everything is made in China these days. They hold the mortgage on a lot of money to a lot of countries too...

Originally Posted by Jim Saraceno

I have to ask... Is this photo for real? Does someone actually have the nerve to have a picture of an American flag over "Made in China"?! If so... What was the product in that box?

That photo came from an email that I received a while ago Jim. It looked like the cardboard box was really printed like that. I have no idea what would have been in that box.

It seems that there is quite the debate in the US over China made/USA products. I did a bit of a Google search but could not come up with the original photo that I posted (my email of the same long since deleted). I found the attached logo that was similar though. I'm sure that we face the same problem here in Oz, with products being produced so cheaply from China. The big question relates to quality. I have heard of many people having problems with their Ford Mustang panels produced in Taiwan fitting correctly!

Desotodav

post-7583-1358537308642_thumb.jpg