Dulles carshow and plane pull

Rodney Bullock

The carshow at Dulles was a great one. All my friends showed up and alot of other fine cars. I talked to so many people about Studebakers and how they affected their lives. One couple remember seeing the car in the movies. How great was that, I have not had this much fun on my birthday since I don't know when. To top it all off........guess who won best of show:)

post-55-13585371016965_thumb.jpg

I thought I was one of your friends and I didnt show up:confused:

Where was this picture taken? Looks like your old homestead? I thought you moved?

A great big and well deserved congrats on your trophey!

Yes, that's at the new house it's just across the street.

Well, almost all my friends Don:) I was looking for Chet. Thanks all.

I never knew these cars where loved by so many.All the stories that I heard were fantastic. I will never forget this day. Oh, and the planes ...the planes:p

Congratulations Rodney,

Your Studebaker looks mighty fine!

I recall your painting thread, have you had the bumpers re-chromed as well?

They look brand new.

/Pekka

p.s.

Belated wishes for your birthday - I belive it was a happy day...

Yes, they were re-chromed while the car was in the shop. It's funny, when I got them back One went on real easy but the other I had to bend slightly. I broke the chrome skin. I then sent it back for repair and when I got it back I installed again and I broke the skin:mad: I then removed the first bumper and found that there is a front and rear as both are not the same. I told the chromer it was my fault what had happened. He started laughing, he came up from Richmond VA picked the bumper up re-chromed it and had it back in time for the show at the DC Armory. I have been dealing with him and his brother a very long time. Honesty is a powerful thing, I never blamed him or called his work crap and I told him the truth about what happened. You know sometimes you got to right to be happy and it pays off.:) Triple chrome plated....that's when it's done three times;)

Congratulations, Rodney, on the birthday and the trophy.

Here is a small tip to be able to identify items that are similar. If two items are the same/similar I mark them with a centre punch and a small hammer somewhere the mark will never be seen. I do this for any thing that goes on the front or left side of the car. That way, I always know what part of the car they came from. This works for items that are repainted, chromed, etc. It just leaves a very small divot as an identifier.

Yes, that's at the new house it's just across the street.

Well, almost all my friends Don:) I was looking for Chet. Thanks all.

I never knew these cars where loved by so many.All the stories that I heard were fantastic. I will never forget this day. Oh, and the planes ...the planes:p

Congratulations Rodney :),

Sorry I missed this. I should pay more attention to this board. I didn't know about the event. Anyway I just got back from Delaware with the car late Saturday evening.

Chet..

Congratulations Rodney :),

Sorry I missed this. I should pay more attention to this board. I didn't know about the event. Anyway I just got back from Delaware with the car late Saturday evening.

Chet..

How was the trip home? Any problems? Where are you parking the car? Have you moved the red 29 to Delaware or is still under your deck?

How was the trip home? Any problems? Where are you parking the car? Have you moved the red 29 to Delaware or is still under your deck?

Hay Don,

Not to steal Rodney’s post, which by-the-way was a great accomplishment Yes the 29 is in Delaware waiting for me to retire and turn it into a 1929 Taxi. I can’t wait.

Below is a before and 8 year after picture of the car. The best part of this whole adventure was meeting people like you, Rodney, Jim Yergin, Joe, Pat, the Canadians, Robin in the UK, and OK should I list the whole website’s membership list. I haven’t meet everyone yet but my plan is to do the Canadian thing and drive around the country saying hello to whomever will let me come by for a coffee and some car talk.

Home03.jpg

Home2012.jpg

Chet...

Sorry Rodney, I had to share... See you in Leesburg this weekend.

Edited by Chester Brzostowski

Chet, that is a great accomplisment. The car is so nice. i am very proud to have met and witnessed the work you have done on the sedan. Don't worry about stealing thunder as i still can't believe I won such an honor. The old Stude continues to make me larger than life.

I will not be at the lessburg plane pull I will be in gaitherburg at the show there, I promised Chuck I would attend. I don't know what I will be driving up there;)it could be a hot rod.

post-55-13585371042996_thumb.jpg

You know Rodney,

I just can’t keep track of all your cars. I think I will need to make a score card. Have fun, maybe I will drive over to see Jim if he is around. After all being tied up at the show all day eliminates a great deal of driving fun. Anyway my Son-in-Law will be in attendance so the Family will be well represented.

Chet...