Comprehensive coverage for the 48-P15

Chester Brzostowski

I currently carry liability on my 48 Plymouth through Geico. I called J.C. Taylor to purchase a full comprehensive policy. Apparently they don’t offer insurance to people who drive their cars. You are only covered driving back and forth from parades or car shows. Their restrictions do not allow you to take the car out for a Sunday Drive.

Does anyone know of an insurance company that will offer fire & theft and still allow you to use the car at your discretion ?

Chet…

I have mine through American Collectors, agreed value coverage, glass and comprehensive, they even your parts stash up to an agreed level. They are based in NJ

I think my last bill was 120 bucks, Rates vary depending on agreed coverage, which has gone up over the years. My policy covers up to 4000 miles per year. You must have another car licensed and insured to get a policy on your special interest car.

http://www.americancollectors.com/ppc/

fo an online quote.

JC Taylor is located near my home outside of Philadelphia PA. I have been told that we can take our cars out for the occassionaly personal use on a Sunday or Saturday. I have also been told that these would be a maintneance run since we need to use the cars to keep the cars running and the seals working.

I did have Collectors insurance with Congdon and Skelly but they have a linit on mileage. Grundy does not have any mileage limit. I think my policy on my 39 Desoto is for 15K and costs around 130 yearly.

For all that have an antique car you do not want to use your regular car insurance carrier. You want a specialty company since they will insurer the car for the stated value and willnot depreciate the car like it is a used car that has no value.

Grundy is a good company and I have had one claim and they paid out without any questions. Grundy has collector cars and understands the hobby.

They are located in fort washington are in PA.

Here is their link and they have a dilay drive policy: http://www.grundy.com/mvp/

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

Edited by desoto1939

Hay Many Thanks,

I will check into the recommendations.

Rodney,

You are correct, this is why I called and inquired about the coverage. I also know of some horror stories where people thought they were covered and through a loop hole got the short end of the stick. (read the fine print)

I like to get this done over the next two weeks before I bring the car back to Virginia.

Chet…