Upolstery kit

jimfenick

Welcome! Post some pics of your truck if ya can.

Scroll down about 2/3rds of the way.

http://www.quietride.com/catalogpdfs/dodge_truck_catalog.pdf

Roberts sells a kit to reupholster the seat (the quality of the seat cover is suspicious). Post #41 shows what it looks like. Merle isn't impressed with the quality.

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=13189&highlight=interiors

http://www.robertsmotorparts.com/truck_parts.asp

Any Upholsterer worth his salt should be able to do an excellent job re-upholstering our simple bench seat with his eyes closed. However it's the spring repair and or replacement and the padding that's the tough part. If you want to be involved in the actual doing, I suggest that you partner with your local automotive re-upholstery shop. If he has better sources for materials than you can find elsewhere then let him buy all the materials, if not I'm sure you can find it on the internet. Wonder if YouTube has a "How to restore a car seat" (probably). If you own or have access to an industrial sewing machine you could DIY.

Good Luck,

Hank :)

Guys, Thanks for the info.

I will post some pic's over the weekend.

I am also trying to find out how common the truck-o-matic transmission was for this year 1953?

The truck was pulled from a storage warehouse in Oregon. 2nd owner who was 72years old, he has had it since the 90's everything was there on the truck, looks solid, I have been under it and in and out and only some light surface rust on the floor pans/frame. The truck has 73,000 original miles and I drove it off the trailer into my garage.

A B4B maybe? You still have the split front glass window but a square rear fender. Can't tell from angle but it looks like a 108 wheel base 1/2 ton, low bed. Good looking side view mirror. We notice your radio antennae. What model radio do you have, for if it is a Mopar 610-T, you have the holy grail! Body looks to be in great shape. Show us some more photos, in and out. The truck-o-matic transmission was just coming out in late production 1953, the last year of the Pilothouse B Series. Welcome to the club. The Search link above will be your archived bible of Pilothouse information.

Jim,

B4B, 108. The radio is AM but I am not sure how to get off the faceplate yet.

Try this link to see some other pictures:

https://www.google.com/search?q=2012-09-08+1953+Dodge&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ziRNUInFF8KCyAHf1YCICw&sqi=2&ved=0CFMQsAQ&biw=1097&bih=498

The "Truck-O-Matic" transmission package is really a rare option in the B4 series trucks! It's actually just the passenger car M-6 setup. I've seen only a couple trucks with it in person over the last 30 plus years.

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the info. There is not a lot online about this truck for 1953. I am just getting started with it but plan on a full tear down/ rebuild. I am sure it is going to be a challenge to find all the engine/transmission parts for the rebuild.

Jim,

The radio is a Motorala 408 unit.

Would very much like to see a picture of it. If at some point it needs to be put in working order, I'm very familiar with replacing the capacitors, resistors (if req'd). I suggest that you search eBay for a service manual they are still out there and if you can find one are in the $10-$15 price range.

Hank :)

610-T.jpg

My working Motorola 610-T

you guys have drifted off the uppolstrie part of this thread a bit, but i figured I'd throw my 2 cents in, I installed a roberts kit in my truck that came with it, and to be honest wasnt very happy with it , I have since redone my truck and installed a Quiet Ride kit and thought it was awesome, now to be clear the quiet ride panels have been recovered but they made a perfect base for any interior you may want, but they are also not cheap