rear bumper?

3dodgedoobie

back bumpers? i know they are several differant types are they one that is similar to front bumper? also when you dont have a back bumper how much of frame can you see? i noticed that in some pictures it looks like the rear bumper brackets go down at angle.

If you were level with the bumper mine would be about a inch below the bottom cross member of the bed. My mounting bracket went straight in the have a dogleg up to go along the outside of the frame. I've painted mine since these pics but don't have a good pic of that. It is very similiar to the front bumper but not identical.

Last pic without a bumper. The truck frame is not visable without a bumper.

Edit: To me they do not hang down. The supports go straight in parallel to the floor, then up and straight again along the frame. Most of this is not visible. Whatever, I like mine, dents and all.

post-23-13585370732904_thumb.jpg

post-23-13585370733229_thumb.jpg

post-23-13585370733835_thumb.jpg

post-23-13585370734171_thumb.jpg

Edited by pflaming

pflaming- the third pic was what i was looking for. i do not have rear bumper yet and could see just about half (didnt measure)of frame from rear of truck.

the bumper does look saggy. if i ever find rear bumper brackets i may get them in future. how much differance between the front and rear bumpers?

There are several bumpers, forum members pegged mine as oe. Properly set up, these trucks look great without a bumper (pic #1). I was going to put a piece of flat metal and extend the bottom edge of the bed. But when this bumper came available, it was exactly what I wanted.

The front bumper is very much like my rear but I don't think it's exactly so. I should have put the rear bumper on top of the front and found out. I'm still tinkering with my grill, but this one will do in the mean time. I painted the mounts and it looks a lot better.

Hope this helps. Lots of nice ways to personalize these trucks. None better than another. I love the creativity. Best wishes as you 'tinker' for that "look".

post-23-13585370736849_thumb.jpg

post-23-13585370737234_thumb.jpg

post-23-1358537073803_thumb.jpg

post-23-13585370738696_thumb.jpg

Edited by pflaming

well as far as mine on rear i have no bumper and can live with it. but on side note friend at work is redoing a 53 chevy trk. he not using back bumper and said i could have it. so im thinking about seeing what they look like. i have extra front bumper and thats why i was wondering what differance it is. or how close a 53 chevy trk bumper would be to our dodges.