Sold the Wabi 148 - P15

John Mulders

All,

with pain in my heart I have decided a while ago that I would sell the P15.

I have enjoyed working on her and very much enjoyed this Forum.

Main reason is not enough time to actually work on the car (own business is taking a lot of time), when I started with the weather strips I was hoping to get to the next step (interior) but the glue (special 3M glue) did not hold. Very frustrating and the car was just collecting dust and deteriorating in the harsh environment here in Curacao.

I have sold the car and today brought her to the new owner who will pick off where I ended, the car will move to the Netherlands where he has more time to work on her and has better tools.

He will certainly look at this forum, I already gave him the link so he will probably also join.

I would like to that all of you for these years of kind help, the funny remarks and great way how this forum has been able to keep it as friendly as it is.

Would be great if the rest of the world could cooperate and defuse any irritation like I have seen here.

Again thanks, I will keep visiting the forum and who knows maybe one day I will be having the time again for a classic car.

John

sorry to hear that but one knows when to let things go I guess...time is a necessity to maintain one of these old cars and to build as you would like to have it...I know I have posted a number of times on the installing of weather strip about the door glass and how it is never a good idea to glue these puppies in place....it is a slight mod but only on the available clip not the principle of attachment..makes the install and later removal literallly a snap should you ever need to remove the glass at a later date.

• 2 months later...