And, regarding the smoke from your breather pipe......do you also get

any smoke from where you fill the oil??

My car suddenly started smoking from the oil fill.........after I replaced

the carb with one I bought from the area old parts dealer. I simply put

it on and it seemed to work OK. But, apparently it was putting gas

into the oil pan, as determined by my son in law. So, my point is - is

your carb in truly good condition? It might be a contributor to the

blow-by situation.

I ran the car last night and the night before... I pulled into a service station to check the oil. I noticed the known heated white oil smoke coming from the breather cap on the filler tube. I smelled it... I did pick up a hint of gas in the vapors. So, this Friday I hope to take the car in and see if the carburetor is leaking gas into the oil at some point. I'll have it rebuilt at this point and hopefully notice a difference.

=R

Plymouthcranbrook........this might help.....NOT.......lol, my 1941 Plymouth(original 201 1941 P11 engine still intact) SHOULD have had a rope seal, I bought a rope seal & sneaky pete to replace it.......dropped the sump....and there staring at me was a neoprene seal..........albeit without the "neoprene ears" which didn't help at all........it now has the "ears", still leaks but nowhere near what it did........as far as I know there is no guarrantee as to what you'll find till you have at it.........lol.........best wishes, andyd

Thanks.

Ok gents, Monday I had the car on a lift and a local mechanic was looking under the car to really investigate where the leak was coming... He wiped it a few times to clean it and see where exactly the leak was coming from. We both saw that it was could very well be a bad oil pan gasket. So, I have one and should be replacing that soon. :-)