53 "Barn Find" on ebay

anything beats listening to a ball game...sorry I do not share the average person's love for sports..but....I will attend a local high school foot ball game or a minor league baseball game..but that is about it..I have been know to attend boxing matches..and I have been known to strike a few golf balls..but TV sports..maybe..just maybe a women's tennis game..never a ball game of any sort..

I also remember listening to the radio in the 53 while working around the garage on a Saturday back in the 70's, OU was on probation so no TV for a couple of years, just radio.

I think OU is the only team to win the national championship while on probation!

Boomer Sooner baby!

Yep. good times.

Ouch.... I think the barn fell in the one! I looked at 2 trucks on Friday and they were probable 5 times in better shape and no way were they worth $800... One was even a little short box, the other was a 1 ton converted to a grain box, but could have been workable

Good luck to the seller

My love of baseball is deep. I play(ed) it, coached it, watch it, and listen to it. I go to the Little League games, HS games, College games, single A, double AA, AAA baseball, and Pro games. Funny thing is....as a player, I was better at football than baseball. Gloves and balls are always in my truck. :D

I love Pilot-House Trucks and the Oakland A's......the two often come together on a summers day. And at the moment, the A's are the hottest team in the MLB. And cuz of yesterday, moving Donnie's cabs in 100 plus heat, I was the hottest PH guy in Central California. lol

My 48-50 trucks didn't come with that silly 610-T...but when I find one....:cool:

48D

2012-03-24_14-28-38_306.jpg

you mean "a" rear view mirror. The only stock one I've seen is the one townwagon has (desotodave as well maybe), I've see lots (and have 2) of the non-rear view ones that have had a random hole drilled in it for a mirror.

I didn't know they were that hard to find I got one off a 52 dodge That I am gonna use it has the flat place on the center bar and the mirror has a nut that holds it to the bar is that the stock one? Jason

you mean "a" rear view mirror. The only stock one I've seen is the one townwagon has (desotodave as well maybe), I've see lots (and have 2) of the non-rear view ones that have had a random hole drilled in it for a mirror.

Is the inside mirror in these pics the one that is hard to find?

I don't think that on would be considered "stock".

I didn't know they were that hard to find I got one off a 52 dodge That I am gonna use it has the flat place on the center bar and the mirror has a nut that holds it to the bar is that the stock one? Jason

yep, sounds like you found yourself a gem! JEALOUS!

I've never sat in a PH that didn't have the factory mirror. At least when I lived out in Washington state.

If the mirror is mounted on a flat spot via a nut, and it is all painted black, odds are it is a factory unit for 48-50. If it mounts on the header panel it is a dealer or owner installed aftermarket mirror.

You want hard to find? I think my outside windshield divider bar got left behind when we moved. Might have to make one. Hoping it is buried in the cab under the junk I haven't got around to unpacking.