Removing a door

You can use a threaded post if you want future ease of removal. Not stock.
Ed I don't know how many more times I'd be taking the door off, but are you talking about a bolt like post?

I'm not a historic puritan. What I used was a stainless phillips bolt and a stainless nylock aircraft fastener (I'm sure a couple of washers must have been in the mix too.

Whatever Floats Your Boat,

Hank :)

unless you have a device to set and roll the rivet into the door stop on reassembly..I would have in many cases done just as ED has advised..but thanks to Ed..he has provided me with the exact part needed in a threaded device that makes all this a bit easier..in the past I have always had to hand make these items..

Mine are from a do-it-best hardware store. They come in many lengths. I also used some ~3" ones to make a parts book from print outs. Bought 3 of them and put one in each of the 3 hole punched holes.

unless you have a device to set and roll the rivet into the door stop on reassembly..I would have in many cases done just as ED has advised..but thanks to Ed..he has provided me with the exact part needed in a threaded device that makes all this a bit easier..in the past I have always had to hand make these items..

heh, I have the whole set of semi-tubular rivet sets from .090-.250

Ground off the head and punched it out. To get the door off, I had to remove it hinges and all.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the window, regulator, and door latch out. Someone smucked the door with a fork-lift before I bought it. It's pretty tight in there now.

I think I'll cut the door skin just above the crunch, pry the edges open and remove it. That should let me get all the hardware out, and I can start on fixing the door skin.