side view mirrors

Plymouthy Adams

I have one of those Tri Five type mirrors screwed to the door near the top of the curved area with the mirror face even with the vent window handle. This works well for me but mounting one on the passenger side same location would not be visible. However if the mirrors were mounted about even with the rear edge of the vent window, that may do the job for you.

I had trouble on my 52 hardtop trying to find a passenger side mirror I could see out of do to the curved body side. I wound up trying several different mirrors and finally use a driver's side mirror on the passenger side that allowed me to get enough mirror head movement to see. Might be something for you to try.

389223644.jpg

:eek389147622.jpg::D

I have one of those Tri Five type mirrors screwed to the door near the top of the curved area with the mirror face even with the vent window handle. This works well for me but mounting one on the passenger side same location would not be visible. However if the mirrors were mounted about even with the rear edge of the vent window, that may do the job for you.

long back I looked a these same mirrors and passed ont them, then I bought a set of the Ford Falcon mirrors, tad better but still the base was too short for anything realistic also...I was able to trade them to a guy building a little English sedan and bought the swan necks..if the neck had about another 1 1/2 inches these would be ideal I believe..

of the posted suggestions (and many thanks to those who replied) with the swans necks I have in captivity the door skin parallel with the divider and possibly the area just in front of the vent for mounting consideration...of course I dig out my mirrors AFTER I took the seats back out to work the headliner bows and make my interior blanks..I sometimes make it rough on my own self..