Antennae Question...where to get one?

Michael Courtney

100_3002.jpg

You can usually find aftermarket items made like these at auto stores. These were actually purchased at swap meets. The one on the left has a base for a curved area, like the curve of the cowl. The one on the right will work on a certain amount of curve plus on a flat surface.

Click on the link to see what an original (as furnished by the dealer) antenna looks like. This is shown in the Plymouth parts manual. These are not real easy to find....and not cheap when you do. I suspect Dodge used the same thing as Plymouth.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/BobT3/Parts%20Book%20-%20Other%20Literature/100_1061.jpg

What style was your antenna, Michael??? And where was it located?? Oh, and by the way, there is no photo of your car in the members list.

Bob or anyone else-I'm looking for one of the older looking ones with the 2 mounting spots. I think that's the type I'd like to put on my pickup. Seems kinda funny it has a cd player but no radio at the moment....

my Antennae broke off while going through a carwash. The carwash company filed a claim with their insurance and offered to get me a new one ( I was happy to allow them to do this) The problem is that they can't find one for me. Anybody know a resource for an Antennae to go on my 1947 D24 3 window Dodge Coupe??:D

Michael;

Guess I have to ask why you drove your car through a car wash? The car washes today are designed for one shape (think toaster) as the cars today are built with one shape (think toaster again). The car washes today do not do fat fenders well as you know now. I do take my car to the do-it-yourself car washes but I would never take my car to an automated car wash.

I actually took one off my car when I first got it that was exactly the item pictured in the parts manual. It was broken. Then, a few months ago, I took another like that off a 50 or 51 Plymouth.....for a sample. It has been in the weather so long its not shiny any more. And the cable had been broken off. So they used them up into the early 50s.