51 Moredoor

falconvan

I havent tried it yet but I'll have to give it a shot. I needed some kind of heater and the original one took up too much space under the hood. After looking at several different kinds of old heaters on ebay, I decided to go with this from good old JC Whitney. It's 7" square with a heater core and two speed blower and should tuck up under the dash nicely. I'll just have to build a little sheet metal plenum so it can run some air to the defrost duct. Plus it's new and under $140.

post-674-0-34421400-1361537498_thumb.jpg

Got a Ha-Dees heater in my old Plymouth truck and I can confirm it does getta hot!

I've got a '33/'34 vintage HaDees heater in my car and it does work well. Probably work better if I had got the motor rebuilt but the air that comes out is quite warm.

I got my heater in this weekend and it works great. I used the controls from the 49 and a generic OReilys heater valve. I also got the cowl seal on (without it the back of the hood was rattling) and my friend Kyle was kind enough to buff the whole car for me. The old paint came out looking pretty decent.

post-674-0-74025100-1362275014_thumb.jpg

post-674-0-82056000-1362275026_thumb.jpg

post-674-0-17590500-1362275038_thumb.jpg

A friend came by today; he was cleaning out his dad's garage after he passed away last year. His dad was a car builder and avid hubcap collector. He gave me a set of these for the car; I think they look pretty spiffy.

A friend came by today; he was cleaning out his dad's garage after he passed away last year. His dad was a car builder and avid hubcap collector. He gave me a set of these for the car; I think they look pretty spiffy.

post-674-0-60333200-1362402201_thumb.jpg

Those were so easy to steal, we would take them off when we parked for the movie, at A & W, etc., and lock them in the trunk. The ones you got were especially popular. Are those the Oldsmobile hubcaps?

I hadn't thought about using 50's cult hub caps, anyone have a beatup old set, can't get too fancy besides they would cover those bright blue rims. The pic below shows a variation I kindof like.

We've highjacked this thread, so this needs to stop. I have closely followed falcon's build, he is doing a fantastic build. Well done.

post-34-0-05167000-1362664372_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I pulled the old tank and got the fuel cell mounted. Looks like it was a good move; I looked in the old tank with a flashlight and it was rusted pretty bad all the way around. Now I just need to run the fuel lines and the vent and we'll be back on the road.

post-674-0-84748500-1364259940_thumb.jpg

post-674-0-39026600-1364259951_thumb.jpg

post-674-0-20526900-1364259975_thumb.jpg