New here

Figured I'd introduce myself, My name's Chris and I've got a '48 B1B-108 with 48,xxx original miles, last driven in 1977, it spent its life as a farm truck (a 1-family truck) until I bought it.

Here she was on the day I towed her home with my reliable '75 Dodge D300 Dumptruck, after dumping a little gas in the new fuel tank and borrowing my grandfather's spare battery for his '48 Special Deluxe I managed to get the truck fired up for the first time in over 30 years.

S5000077.jpg

S5000081.jpg

S5000082.jpg

Drove it into the garage and promptly converted the truck over to 12 Volt and began to fix some botched body work left over by the shop that was "restoring it" :rolleyes: for the previous owner (no wonder he lost interest in the truck) Instead of replacing the body mount bushings and realigning the doors/fenders, they just smeared body filler on it to match the body lines.

I've had the truck for over 2 years now and it spent most of that time sitting in the garage without me doing anything to it. I needed a Nose/Grille for it, because the shop that was doing the restoration threw away the original nose and bolted on a '53 nose :(

Only I can't let her sit anymore. I decided to drive it this year, I'll finish sanding the truck down and paint it in Black and drive it with the '53 nose until I decide to convert it back to a '48.

Oh and since you guys are into the old Dodge/Plymouths, here's the car I drove for a few days last summer while I installed a vinyl top on my '74 Duster.

SANY0111.jpg

Borrowed my grandfather's '48 Special Deluxe. :D

I've always been a die-hard mopar nut. With a huge line-up of cars/trucks.

The '48 Dodge B1B-108 of course

A '65 Formula S 'Cuda

'71 Duster (Viper V10 / 6-Speed Project car)

'71 Demon (540 Blown Hemi Project car)

'72 Demon (numbers matching 340 / 4-Speed)

'73 Dart Sport (numbers matching 340 / Auto)

'73 Dart Sport (numbers matching 340 / 4-Speed)

'74 Blown 340 Duster (R3 340 with a 6-71 Blower & 4-Speed, Summer Daily Driver)

'74 Scamp (numbers matching Slant 6 / Auto)

'75 W300 ClubCab Towtruck

'76 Dodge Ramcharger

'83 Scamp GT (2.2L Turbo / AWD 5-Speed conversion)

'84 Dodge D50 (My First truck. Now on 40" Tires and powered by a Chrysler 273 Small Block)

and a '92 Dakota Extended Cab 4x4 as a beater/work truck.

Welcome to the forum. After looking at your lineup, this pickup should be quite a change of pace for you. Looks like a good piece to start with.

Welcome! You have three items that are interesting: rear bumper, looks like a Mopar heater, and maybe a 51 /53 grill. Nice old truck. Enjoy, you've found the best information source

Welcome! You have three items that are interesting: rear bumper, looks like a Mopar heater, and maybe a 51 /53 grill. Nice old truck. Enjoy, you've found the best information source

Are the rear bumper and heater hard to find? or just unusual options for one of these trucks?

It also has 2-Speed Electric Wipers, when I got the truck I didn't know much about it (just that I wanted it!) and my grandfather told me that most had vacuum wipers instead of electric wipers.

The outside rear view mirror mount is interesting also. Mine is a tube/pipe yours looks like a formed piece of metal. Seems others like your style better. That bank of knobs on the lower left: heater/defrost/ ???? what are the names? NICE truck, pleased to see it in the right hands. :)

heater not that rare IMO, I see them on EPAY alot. I have 2 actually, both lovingly restored, and only a spot for one!

Rear bumpers are pretty hard to find, and very rare if you ask me.

As for the rear view mirror bracket, there are several different style, depending on the year made. My '51 stock mirror is a sheetmetal base with formed sheetmetal "tube". The earlier B series models are all formed sheet metal like you see on the truck that started this thread.

Glad to be here, I'm sure my truck is too. Because it finally gets some attention/work again. After I did the 12 Volt conversion it pretty much sat in the garage for the next 2 years.