Throat Cancer (ot)

1940plymouth

Hi bob

I am saddened to hear your bad news and hope you have a successful treatment and out come, I know first hand and share your burden, although the treatments are difficult they are manageable, If I can give any advice or provide help you can send private email. try to eats as much as you can between treatments, drink as much water as you can, It had had a major impact on how I felt. take it one day at a time.

Karl

• 1 month later...

My wife, Cooper and I got back home this morning just before noontime for our third week in Cooperstown. I now have 15 radiation treatments done, with 20 more to go, plus three weekly chemo treatments done with four more to go. Sept 10 all treatments will be done for now.

Once we got home and it stopped raining, Cooper and I decided to go for a ride for some good old "Wayback Machine" therapy.

post-2100-13585370142857_thumb.jpg

post-2100-13585370144698_thumb.jpg

post-2100-13585370145853_thumb.jpg

I hadn't been on the forum much in a while, just catchin' up on what I'd missed and saw this thread. Glad to hear your doing well, your probably tougher than an old pine knot. Hang in there, get well soon!:)

Thanks everyone for the replies, they are greatly appreciated.. Cooper and I were out and about in the old Plymouth again this afternoon, may go out again later this evening, as we head back to Cooperstown in the morning, got to get more driving time as the poor old thing will sit until Friday again.

• 2 months later...

We have been home from the hosp two weeks today, all is going well, my Dr's are happy with the progress that I have made to date. November 12 I go back up to Cooperstown to see all three dr's and have a ct scan of my neck to see if I am going to need surgery or not. My dr's tend to think not, naturally I hope that is so.

I am tube fed three times a day, but this past week I have started to eat mushed up food, so that is a good thing.

Today started out with rain, and an cold wind, well as the day progressed the sun came out, but the wind didn't die down, so I fired up the Plymouth and off we went for a short ride.

I again want to thank everyone for all the prayers, well wishes, etc, you guys are the best

post-2100-13585371341086_thumb.jpg

post-2100-13585371341589_thumb.jpg

post-2100-13585371341958_thumb.jpg

post-2100-13585371342383_thumb.jpg

Bob,

Its great that you are home and up and about. Yesterday at our morning coffee clatch one of the fellows asked about my mug with the picture of my coupe on it and I told him how my friend in the Catskills sent it to me. It is great to hear from you.

Take care,

Dave